Inveraray Castle

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Couldn't get past the gates so had to do the best I could. Handheld shot and C&C more than welcome.

Inveraray_Castle.jpg

That's a great image to me - the mix of light and shade are very appealing, although the sky is a trifle dark at the top?

Cheers for the replies. The original shot turned out ok but wasn't 100% happy with it. For the first time I tried some HDR on a single RAW file (I usually shoot 13 shots when doing an HDR) and I must admit that you certainly don't get the same flexibility when using just one RAW for an HDR as noted with the clouds. Was hard not to make it look overcooked.

I just watched a James Bond trilogy set and now feel confident to return in black combat gear and storm the gates for a better angle :D

This shot certainly intrigues which is, I guess, a good by-product of your "poor" position.

The light falling on the trees on the left hand side are a little too distracting for me and I would consider cropping although this might require a further crop on the right to regain balance. Food for thought anyway.

(y)

Back