IOM RBSI Rally

Edit My Images
No
My first attempt at motor sport. Need a bit more practice on the panning, but any tips welcome. Taken with a Canon 400D.

I took about 60 in total so here is a small sample!

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

Thanks for looking,

Tristen

Great Pictures Tristen, Have you any of Car 31,Orange/White Mitsubishi Evo 6.

Biggest tip I can give you is to stop using the 'learner modes' on the camera. Exif says 'action program'. If you used shutter priority you could choose a slower shutter speed to blur the wheels a bit or even the whole background and get a sense of speed in the shot.

Try and use Av Tv and M (Aperture priority, shutter priority and manual) whenever you have no pressure on the shot. You can always go to an auto mode if unsure and have a must get shot. After a while you won't go back.

Cheers guys, all tips welcome.

Yes i was going to have a go at manually doing it but thought for a first time I'd stick to the sports/action mode. Do you think they should be / 1/1200 or 1/1500 or more?

But yes, point taken, they are only for fun so no reason not to mess about manually! Best way to learn after all.

Those are good, for a first time

as for shutter speed 1/1500 is far to high.

take a view at my site, all exif are there to give you an idea. Generally i use no higher then 1/1000 for head on's.

Back