iomega 250gb external H/D

But they have a 1TB hard drive for twice the price but 4 times the storage

I can't decide if I want one unit of 1TB capacity of several smaller capacity units.

If you use only the 1TB unit and it fails, you loose everything. With lots of small units you only loose some if one fails.

I can't decide if I want one unit of 1TB capacity of several smaller capacity units.

If you use only the 1TB unit and it fails, you loose everything. With lots of small units you only loose some if one fails.

I recently bought two 500MB drives for just that reason.

Once I'd got over the "wooo I can buy 1TB for under £100" surprise, I thought "bl**dy hell that's a lot of data to put on one drive".

So I now duplicate back up's on two 500MB drives, and another 320MB in the PC (not C:/).

By the time I have filled both of those up I'm sure 1TB drives will be more relilable and cheaper. Last year I only shot about 50MB - should I be trying harder??

David

By the time I have filled both of those up I'm sure 1TB drives will be more relilable and cheaper. Last year I only shot about 50MB - should I be trying harder??
David

i am guessing that was meant to be GB? 4 shows on a d300 will go over 50mb and i guess you have done more than that

i use 2x750's, dont think i would use more or justify more for a few years yet when there hopefully more reliable

I've been hearing rumours that the Iomega 500 / 1Tb boxes use Seagate 7200.11 which are very unreliable

I've been hearing rumours that the Iomega 500 / 1Tb boxes use Seagate 7200.11 which are very unreliable

I run 2 x iOmega 500Gb external HDD drives and they've been by far (IME) the most reliable drives I've used. I've rescued three neighbours PC's and External drive information due to drive failures. All since then, have purchased the same drive as mine with no issues. :)

Do these connect by usb to the computer? Im very low on space on my computer so was thinking of getting myself one of these

I had a 500gb iOmega die on me this week.. less than 8 months old. Just wondering how the data will be recovered.. or if it can.

Most of it is backed up on DVD's, but it would be nice to have the files/ folders in the same order that I had them saved.

iOmega dealing with my query :)

Back in stock at Tesco, I've a discount card so get 10% off, let me know if anyone else wants to get the 10% off and I'll pm the card number.

Back