IOS8.1 Don't

Believe that Apple have now pulled the 8.1 update. Pretty embarrassing, can't believe how buggy iOS8 is. Safari is very shaky and typing anything is pretty slow on my iPad 3.

It took me a long time to decide to go from IOS 5 to 7 on my iphone 4s. I cant see a reason to go to IOS 8

Do they still fix security flaws in the old versions?

Probably not but I didn't see any security flaws and I still had google maps. Only upgraded as Apple forced the issue because the Apps I used slowly stopped working due to updates and requiring IOS 7.

It'll be my last iphone, I won't get another, I can't see anything in the new OS or hardware that attracts me. I also object to paying £5 extra for the privilege of having an iphone with O2 under their licencing agreement.

Battery life is worse under ios8 with iphone 5. Lost over 50% yesterday with 2 hours of activity. Would have normally only dropped 30% with ios7. It's interesting to see just how poor signal areas impact battery life which is a bugger as I am on three and their coverage is crap.

Battery life is worse under ios8 with iphone 5. Lost over 50% yesterday with 2 hours of activity. Would have normally only dropped 30% with ios7. It's interesting to see just how poor signal areas impact battery life which is a bugger as I am on three and their coverage is crap.
what does it say is using it under battery usage in the settings?

The camera. It just seems a little more power hungry than before. It's had a few charge/drain cycles so I'd expect it to have settled by now. Other chunk was poor signal. That seems to be the biggest drain when I'm at home as I don't always have 4 or 5 bars.

With ios7 I'd generally have 3 to 4 days of normal use. For heavy use I'd still be on 70% when returning home. Not 45%!

I also had the weird camera bug in ios7 where you'd start the camera app with under 50% battery remaining and it would switch off immediately claiming no power. I think the battery calibration and power usage estimates get out of whack sometimes.

interesting, not see that with the camera or drain from it.

safari im finding if left open in the background is using a large % of battery. might just be the sites it has open doing somethng odd?

I usually shut stuff down when I'm not actively using it and make sure only essential apps have background app updating ie mynd and waze. Notifications for the vast majority of apps are also turned off as again they just drain power and I just check when I want to.

If I leave safari or tweetcaster running then they'll be at the top of the list. Ditto on the ipad. If they're not running then it usually says 'poor signal' as being the biggest drain.

Wish I'd seen this thread sooner. I didn't and now have a spacked up iPad. Lost photos, books & 10's of pounds worth of Craft & Vision stuff. Anyone know Apples phone number?

Thank god I didn't listen to my son when I recently upgraded my P.C. Get a Mac dad, Apple stuff is brilliant he said.

Anyone fancy an expensive door stop with a fruit motif on the back.

Wish I'd seen this thread sooner. I didn't and now have a spacked up iPad. Lost photos, books & 10's of pounds worth of Craft & Vision stuff. Anyone know Apples phone number?

Thank god I didn't listen to my son when I recently upgraded my P.C. Get a Mac dad, Apple stuff is brilliant he said.

Just restore to iOS 8.

http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-fi...r-service-and-touch-id-issues-on-your-iphone/

As a side note, anyone got the iPhone six and had the issue with it bending whilst in your pocket, there was a report that it affected quite a few with it taking the shape of people bums whilst in their back pockets, but as with all things internet I was not sure if it was a true story or not.

Anyone found theirs bent yet.

Paul

Just restore to iOS 8

Dave. My mistake, I'm am on version 8, its 8 thats caused the problems. Tried to restore via itunes but it wont restore to previous version.

Thanks for the suggestion tho.

I think I need to leave it alone for while and calm down a bit. To say I'm thoroughly peed off would be an understatement

Regards

Backups, Backups, Backups!!

The first step of almost any software update manual is ensure you have a backup of all files before you proceed!

Well must admit I am not a fan of Ios8 either updated 2 pads and iPhone 5s

The pads now struggle on YouTube stream
Apple TV app won't find Apple TV
Flickr app keeps going crazy
ICloud Drive is a pain on the Mac as of course it's not out for macs yet

Not thinking of changing yet but Apple has not done a good job of intergration as far as I am concerned

Backups, Backups, Backups!!

The first step of almost any software update manual is ensure you have a backup of all files before you proceed!

I did backup via ITunes,
unfortunately when I try to restore it will not change the firmware. I have retrieved photographs which is good but have still lost loads of stuff from iBooks.

People are reporting that 8.0.2 fixes some of these issues, but there are still many issues and bugs to address.

Just updated my iPhone 6 to 8.0.2. No problems to report. Everything working as expected.

iPad done, only issue was iTunes decided to lump my .pdf files into "other" so had to do a second restore from back up to solve that.

All working fine now.

Thanks for advising update was out now done 1 pad and the phone nothing dire jumps out yet but still no Apple tv support from the app hope soon they fix that

Good luck those who are still updating mine was fast once I could get broad band going

Cheers

Allan

Blimey. It didn't fiddle with bluetooth! That's a first...

Neither did 8.0 on my iPad 3 and that was definitely a first!

My iPad has had none of the bother others are going on about, must be lucky for once :p

For backing up I do the following. I always charge my (soon to be replaced with the 128gb 6 plus) iPhone 5 at night. Make sure your wireless is ON and whilst charging, the iPhone will perform a back up without me having to worry about it. I can't remember whether or not I had to change any settings for this to work but it is easy enough to make the changes in settings.

Andy

Back