Ipad Air Iphoto

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
When viewing images on my iopad, after downloading from my pc, I seem to get a nice photo together with a blurred one/ thumbnail, which ever one picture is good, and the other blurred, looking on iphoto, one seems to be a thumbnail. Can anyone tell me how to download a photo without the blurred image, I take all my photos in RAW and JPEG, is there a chance the blurred image could be a RAW file.
Thankyou for any comments.

Hi, from my laptop using iTunes, I make a file of my work and then transfer it across by sync, ipad isnew to me so only experimenting, the idea is to view the images on my IPad when away in the caravan and do any processing when I arrive home on my laptop or PC.

Last edited:
That could be the problem, I store my images together in files raw and jpeg next to each other, will try putting the jpeg in a file on its own and transfer tht way.
I bought a card reader off the dreaded ebay which only works when it feels like it, other times it shows a 'device not recognised' box, hve ordered the genuine item from Apple, so things may be better then. However in the meantime I will try loading just jpeg files, though I thought iphoto could handle both.

If it helps, I was up the Shard last week, taking RAW. tried downloading the images into iPad Air using Apple Card reader and it wouldn't accept them only JPEG.

The iPad Air will happily view RAW images on an iPad air ( mine certainly does). However you can really only view the images any changes are not applied to the RAW image. In fact I'm not sure that the image you see on the iPad screen is actually a RAW image itself rather than the thumbnail that is embedded within the RAW file. I don't shoot RAW + JPEG. this may confuse the iPad

Card readers don't play well with iPads. Apple seem to have reduced the current that the port supplies ( They did this way back in 2012 I think with an iOS revision). So there isn't enough power for the card readers to use. You either have to use the SD card to iPad adapter from apple or run a uSB cable from the camera to the USB to iPad connector

That's interesting Chappers. Perhaps that's why mine didn't upload as I was shooting RAW & JPEG (by accident rather than intentionally). When I uploaded them to iPhoto they then synced to my iPad without any issues. Shooting JPEG only and then putting the SD Card into the Apple SD Card reader & thence into the iPad they uploaded immediately.

I have also seen that they say to shoot in RAW and JPEG and upload the JPEG's to the iPad to edit and keyword etc, it saves the time in uploading the much larger RAW files, and then if using Lightroom it could synch the info back to the RAW file, if the two are kept together and not treated separately.

Back