ipad and DSLR carry case?

Name
Bryan
Edit My Images
No
Hello,

Anyone know of a good carry case/bag that would take an iPad and a DSLR with a 18-200 lens.
I have a small Lowepro for the camera, lenses, flash gun etc but it won't take the ipad in the project at the front.

Many thanks

Perhaps one of the lowepro fastpacks would do the job?

have a look at their www.

I use a Lowepro classified 160Aw for my camera and ipad. The ipad fits in its own front (covered) pocket and i can get my camera and at least two lenses plus one attached to the camera in the bag. I love this bag as its not too big as a day bag and has very easy top access to the camera compartment.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lowepro-Classified-160-AW-Shoulder/dp/B001HFHTNI

dave_bass5 said:
I use a Lowepro classified 160Aw for my camera and ipad. The ipad fits in its own front (covered) pocket and i can get my camera and at least two lenses plus one attached to the camera in the bag. I love this bag as its not too big as a day bag and has very easy top access to the camera compartment.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lowepro-Classified-160-AW-Shoulder/dp/B001HFHTNI

+ 1 to that. I love my Classified 160AW use it nearly everyday to carry my iPad to and from work with a small camera in it too.

Do you want a backpack or shoulder bag? I've recently bought a thinktank urban disguise 35 shoulder bag. It has room in it to fit an iPad or a 13" laptop in the back pocket. it can carry a 70-200 f2.8 or 300mm f4 with the camera attached and still has extra room left over for more lenses.. It's not a cheap bag at about £115 but its well built. You can carry as much or as little as you want, if you really want to you can carry an iPad, a 300mm f4 and a 70-200 f2.8 with one attached to the camera, with space inside for a flash and br7 strap and an extra body in the front pocket!

I did look at the lowepro 160 but thought I would push the budget a little further to get the ud35, otherwise the lowepro 160 did meet my criteria at the time too.

Last edited:
A crumpler jackpack half photo would fit the bill I think.
There's a laptop compartment and a smaller compartment that can hold an ipad within the top section of the bag. The camera can fit in the smaller bottom compartment.

Crumpler do a new sling called a quick escape 800 tablet made to take a ipad
Camera and few lenses will have no problem fitting you equipment they were doing a good deal on ebay when i last looked
Comes with in built waterproof cover to

I've owned several Crumpler bags, including the Quick Escape 700, which is the model down from the 800 mentioned in the previous post. The quality is great and it's obvious that a fair amount of thought goes into their designs.

I recently bought a Lowepro 250 Event Messenger. Nice case and holds my iPad. Was nice to take as hand luggage on my last holiday.

I recently bought a Lowepro 250 Event Messenger. Nice case and holds my iPad. Was nice to take as hand luggage on my last holiday.

Same here...quite a big bag.

I manage to fit in my 6D, 24-105mm with hood, 50mm, 430exII, panasonic SD700, all my batteries for these devices and a few accessories. And with the slot at the back from a tablet...I can fit my Dell E4200 (y) And still have room to stick a 70-200 for when I buy it! :D

Won't fit an SLR with a battery grip though like the OP has :thumbsdown:

I agree the powepro 250 will be perfect for the job and you will still have some room left!

Back