NSFW iPad not connecting to router

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi - wonder if any IT Guru's could help me please.
From yesterday my iPad stopped connecting automatically to my router.
When I go in to Settings my BT HUB is showing a lock; a wireless icon and an Information icon in a circle...when I then choose my HUB Network to connect to it is asking for a Password which I know is correct but it keeps coming up....unable to join the Network.
All wires at the back of the router etc appear to be OK.
Any ideas please
Thanks
Dave

Put the iPad in airplane mode for a few seconds. Then back to normal, then try it.

Thats normal iPad behavior, mine does it as well at random times, it also refuses point blank to lock onto any valid BTWifi Hotspot as well.

I find if you keep telling it to connect it will eventually, normally after 6 or 7 goes.

You could also try deleting the connection and then try connecting again by adding your logon details again.

Apple i Products also have a very weak Wifi range, from the same position my PC & Samsung Phone see about 10 hot-spots but my iPad, iPod & iPhone see 3.

Paul

Many thanks, everyone, will try all those options and keep you informed of progress
Cheers
Dave

BINGO...many thanks for the suggestions.....tried Aeroplane Mode but still no connection.
Also, I did unplug the mains lead into the router last night but must not have left it long enough.
This time I turned everything off and left it a good 10 minutes and we are back up and running.
thanks again
Dave

BINGO...many thanks for the suggestions.....tried Aeroplane Mode but still no connection.
Also, I did unplug the mains lead into the router last night but must not have left it long enough.
This time I turned everything off and left it a good 10 minutes and we are back up and running.
thanks again
Dave
you might find that only works until the router switches channels.

When in doubt, turn it off and on again ;)

There are 2 reasons that IT support lines always suggest this course of action. Firstly (and the reason most people think they do it for) it buys them a little time and keeps the punter on a premium phone line for a while... and secondly because it so often works!

Mum (bless her) could never understand that the laptop needed to have its battery removed as well as being unplugged...

Back