Iphone 11 focal length compared to 5dm3

Name
lewis
Edit My Images
Yes
Right, ive tried googling and I am pretty sure the iPhone 11's focal length would be the equivalent to 26mm on my 5dm3, is that correct,

thanks

The primary is 26mm and the ultra wide is 13mm according to the specs, no?

That’s what I am unsure about, basically looking at getting a 24mm pancake lens as it should be very similar to my phone, that way I’ll start taking the canon out more

It will sort of work, the picture will be cropped though ending up with 40mm equivalent approx

Right! It’s works the other way around ok EF lenses on EFS bodies. But not EFS on EF bodies. Sorry!
Yup ;)

The crop bodies have 2 datum mounting dots for alignment of the bayonet.....Red for EF and White for EF-S

Last edited:
Right, sort of makes sense, thanks for pointing it out, what sort of lens should I be looking at to get a 26mmish equivalent????

Right last question, I’ve got the canon 50mm 1.8 but never use it as I have to stand too far back from what I want to photograph , plus I was after something smaller than my current 24-105mm L f4, that’s why I looked at the pancake 24mm. But as that won’t work, unless I can find something cheap and smaller than my current 24-105 I’ll stick with it

The yongnuo looks cracking for the price, but just looking at my Flickr, a lot of what I’ve taken is 24-28mm.

I’ve found this , seems good

CANON EOS EF FIT SIGMA 24MM F2.8 SUPER WIDE II WIDE ANGLE LENS FULL FRAME

and the canon 24mm f2.8 EF

Last edited:
I suppose my question as a photographer is why does anyone find the FoV of an iPhone camera something they’d want to recreate?

if it’s simply ‘habit’ then I’d suggest it’s a habit worth growing out of. But then as a fairly ‘old’ person who likes to mostly photograph people I would find it odd.

Not wanting to Re-create it 100%, I just find I use that focal length a good one, as it’s very very close to my dslr (24-28mm), so thought it would be good to have a fixed smaller lens to make carrying easier

Back