iPhone Apps

chris321

I like the ginger one
Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I've just picked myself up a shiny new iPhone (been lusting after one since it first came out, then with the end of my contract and the 3GS being released, the temptation was just a bit too much! :D ), and I was wondering what useful apps there are for the budding photographer?

I've been looking through the app store, but most of the photography applications seem to be about editing and viewing photos, rather than useful tools, so I was just wondering about other people's opinions? Cheers folks!

Chris

I've got one called "bokeh". It lets you play about with settings for DoF and hyperfocal distance. Not used it constructively yet but it looks ok and is free so worth a play (y)

I was reading another post about sunrises/sunsets/positioning [can't remember it now!], and they mentioned an iPhone app for doing just that - there's also some photography calculator apps [exposure etc.] on there.

The only other one that I know on a photographic bent is "Mobile fotos" which is a Flickr interface - very useful!

I've got one called "bokeh". It lets you play about with settings for DoF and hyperfocal distance. Not used it constructively yet but it looks ok and is free so worth a play (y)

Cheers for the suggestion, I had a look, but it doesn't see to cater for crop sensors, only full frame or film! Is there a version that can do you know?

I was reading another post about sunrises/sunsets/positioning [can't remember it now!], and they mentioned an iPhone app for doing just that - there's also some photography calculator apps [exposure etc.] on there.

The only other one that I know on a photographic bent is "Mobile fotos" which is a Flickr interface - very useful!

Oooh, I like the sunrise/sunset one! I doubt I'd be uploading iPhone photos to flickr, so just browsing it using safari is fine for that.

Any more suggestions from anyone? Thanks a lot for the suggestions so far!

Chris

Have a look at Photocalc.

Similar thread on this topic HERE that may give you some clues as to what others are using/prefer... :shrug:

;)

:p

i have 5 pages of apps and i can't recommend any of them. Boredom+ itunes has a lot to answer for :LOL:

I worked out how to link my laptop to my AV Surround system this afternoon and then downloaded the Apple Remote application.

I can now control itunes with serious volume from anywhere.

This technology stuff is just brilliant!!

My favourites are "Sun n Moon" and "Darkslide Premium".

Nowt to do with photography, but my current fave is 'Fantastic Contraption'.

I use Simple DOF (Depth of Field Calulator) Works with crop sensors

Do you shoot tethered? OnOne do a fantastic app called OnOne DSLR Camera Remote (for Canon only), where you can use your phone to control your camera. You can control shutter, apeture, ISO and you can use the screen as your view finder.

http://www.ononesoftware.com/detail.php?prodLine_id=38

Back