iPhone Help Needed Please!

Name
April 2008
Edit My Images
No
Help... My iPhone is connected and currently downloading the latest software update, but seems to have crashed. The bar on my Mac hasn't moved for ages, and my iPhone has a black screen with an Apple and a progress bar that is maybe 10% complete.

It's been like it ages...

Can I just force quit iTunes? Or should I try something else?

Certainly doesn't sound right to me... :shrug:

Why not just remove it from the dock and start again... :thinking:

:p

Okay cable then... :D ...I wouldn't worry unduly m8... it will be a simple process depending on the phone's state once removed... :shrug:

Should just be a case of switch off and on and try again but let us know if you have any further difficulties... ;)

Crap... we're now having to restore and it seems to be whirring around doing sweet fanny adams!

if reconnecting it doesnt work - hold down the round button and the top button until a cable plug in appears, plug in your iphone and it will do a restore putting back on all your files from when it last synched

Well, I am half back up and running... phone working, emails there... just missing half my apps due to an 'error'. What error, I don't know. :shrug:

And there's definitely something fishy going on as each time I click on my phone in iTunes, I get the spinning wheel for ages. :bang:

Well, I am half back up and running... phone working, emails there... just missing half my apps due to an 'error'. What error, I don't know. :shrug:

And there's definitely something fishy going on as each time I click on my phone in iTunes, I get the spinning wheel for ages. :bang:

Personally I would hard reset the phone and re-boot iTunes before doing anything else... :shrug:

Personally I would hard reset the phone and re-boot iTunes before doing anything else

I think I have done that... I've restored from backup, and now have OS 3.12 running... just rstarted iTunes again and now...

Unknow error 0xE8000065

FFS! Think I'm gonna watch Merlin... sod this!

Again... I would hard reset the phone and restart iTunes... :shrug:

If that fails you may need to re-install iTunes completely... :cautious:

Enjoy Merlin... :LOL:

Back