iPhone videos to PC

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
Anyone can tell me how to transfer iphone videos to PC for editing then back to iphone once editing is done ?
Thanks in advance

Yes can download but for some reason it won't let me upload the edited video back to the iPhone

Yes can download but for some reason it won't let me upload the edited video back to the iPhone

Can you upload to iCloud & then transfer back to the phone from there? Are all computer-phone direct data transfers still managed through iTunes?

Not sure about itunes- cant seem to locate specific pic and videos
Tried to re-load video to iCloud but it wasn't having it!

Could my wife sign into her icloud on my iPad- obviously I am signed in to my iCloud on the iPad- sorry for all the questions !

If you do it in settings, then you'll have to change it back, but if you have a 3rd party browser such as chrome, you can probably do it through that.

@stevetiler

If your iPhone videos gets transferred to your Windows based PC without problems, then that is great. But for the benefit of anyone else who have a bit of a problem, I'll add a little trick here, before I help you with your problem of transferring edited video clip back into iPhone.

Sometimes there are bit of problems with getting a video done on an Apple device (iPhone or iPad) and have it on the PC for editing. Most of the times, problems with uploading, or the video ends up on PC, upside down. Sometimes Apple will export it in a format that PC won't accept. I've had that experience too often. The best way is...

Open iMovie app (It may be possible to use any other non-Apple apps)
Import the video clip, but don't do any editing, just tap on Done.
Tap on the Export icon usually looking like an upward arrow out of a box.
Pick any of the cloud based services you use (Microsoft OneDrive, Dropbox, Adobe Creative Cloud, etc)

This will help turn the Apple format file into a suitable universal video file that the PC can work with, specially getting it on the PC in the right way up.

Now, @stevetiler I'll help with your problem.

Make sure you export your edited video into an acceptable universal format, in my case, using Adobe Premiere Pro, I export into a .mp4 format.

If iCloud is not working, try to upload to any other cloud based services, like OneDrive, Dropbox, Adobe Creative Cloud, etc. I have those three, you could use Google Drive if you want, or any other of those. Then on your iPhone, go to the other cloud based service, go to the folder where you uploaded to, find the video file, and download it to your iPhone.

Sorry for late reply and thanks for taking the time to write this! I will give this ago (y)

Now, @stevetiler I'll help with your problem.

Hi Major Easy, changing the subject about a year ago you recommended Bvckup 2 as a good back up tool, are you still using this and happy with it?
I'm using the free version of Macrium but has limitations so was looking for something else? Thanks

Hi Major Easy, changing the subject about a year ago you recommended Bvckup 2 as a good back up tool, are you still using this and happy with it?
I'm using the free version of Macrium but has limitations so was looking for something else? Thanks

Yep. Still using it, and never had any problems so far.

Back