iPhone... what a great camera!

I think it signals the start of the end of the snappy camera.
I've always carried a compact with me just in case, but now only carry my iphone. Great quality and I can email the pics straight to picture desks.

Hi Dan, lovely pics. I take it these are with iPhone4, yes? My brother has one too (I'm on 3GS) and his images get the same wierd flare that you've got in the second shot above.

Does anyone know why a red transparent version of the sun gets replicated in a grid around the sun, normally like this:

0S0

where 0 is the red transparency and S is the actual sun. I don't understand how it happens!

cracking shots. good light really makes a different in with the iphone, low light are way too noisy

Your first photo is excellent and I agree that the iPhone 4 camera is very good.

Nice shot...I wrote a post on another forum about 2 or 3 months ago suggesting that the iPhone would sign the death warrant of cheap compact cameras. I haven't used my own G9 in about two years...and my 5D has been used once or twice in the same period....

I dunno - I find the iPhone camera in low light pretty good - check the exif it goes to 1000 ISO. Yeah its noisey but it not the nasty softness you typically get with compacts is it!?

Nice shot...I wrote a post on another forum about 2 or 3 months ago suggesting that the iPhone would sign the death warrant of cheap compact cameras. I haven't used my own G9 in about two years...and my 5D has been used once or twice in the same period....

There have been a few camera phones in the past and present which have exceeded some point and shoots, not just the iphone.

My Xperia X10i takes amazing shots, with rich colors and detail.
My K800i before that took fantastic shots too.

Iphone is just another camera phone, nothing special.

I had the X10i - yes it looked a great camera - until you zoomed in to 100%! zoom in 100% on an iPhone 4 (or even 3GS in outdoor light) - no comparison.

Absolutely brilliant photo's the iphone is the best smart phone ever!

That's a cracking little shot...

I think the iPhone is pretty good for photos aswell.. I have iPhone and it's sooo handy to have a camera at hand if needed... There are also some good photography apps aswell.....worth checking out a few if you haven't done so

Kirsty

I had the X10i - yes it looked a great camera - until you zoomed in to 100%! zoom in 100% on an iPhone 4 (or even 3GS in outdoor light) - no comparison.

Umm...

Given the Sony is an 8MP camera, the 3GS is a 3.2, and the 4 is a 5MP camera...

The pixels are smaller on the Sony, of course a 100% crop will be softer...

Umm...

Given the Sony is an 8MP camera, the 3GS is a 3.2, and the 4 is a 5MP camera...

The pixels are smaller on the Sony, of course a 100% crop will be softer...

So you're saying the iPhone's SHOULD be better quality? They definitely are IMVHO.....

I have to say I do love the camera on my iphone, and its only a 3GS, the shots taken on 4's are wonderful. Teaming it up with hipstamatic gives some fantastic results.

Mike83 said:
I have to say I do love the camera on my iphone, and its only a 3GS, the shots taken on 4's are wonderful. Teaming it up with hipstamatic gives some fantastic results.

I have the 3GS also, but I'm really tempted to go the 4 after seeing this thread...

It goes to show that often the best camera you have is the camera you have on you...

Totally agree- love my iPhone 4 as the quick snaps are amazing.

Best camera phone I've ever had.

I took this pic with an app that cost about a pound. Value for money right there!

Well, it is so much different from the other camera features. It is also available in very low cost in market. Your post is very helpful to buy iphone for my sister.

i too am impressed with the camera.... just wish it had more settings to play with.... thats just the geek in me though :)

thats crazily impressive from an iphone... my 3g gives a good quick shot.. but has a bit to catch up to the ip4

and absolutely... with that kind of phone in your pocket.. id not be carrying a compact either lol

Back