i love using both
Thanks

So i have both IPhoto and Aperture on a CD
i have loaded them on to my Mac Pro
i don’t use the internet
what could go wrong if there not supported
i love using both
Thanks
What do you mean you don't use the internet, what are you doing now!?

Generally, that means some of the services or resources required by the applications to run are no longer provided by the version of OS X running on your Mac.
I'd say you'd need to look on line for later versions that support whatever version you're running.

Generally, that means some of the services or resources required by the applications to run are no longer provided by the version of OS X running on your Mac.
I'd say you'd need to look on line for later versions that support whatever version you're running.
Well there aren’t going to be any later versions are there?
Because they use the OSX system for their RAW support you may have problems if you change your cameras. Both Aperture and iPhoto work fine in Sierra and Aperture is supported on that since Apple issued a new version specially for that. I expect Aperture will be OK on High Sierra out next week since that is supposed to be analogous to Leopard/Snow Leopard despite the new features. Photos in High Sierra is getting fairly major changes so may equal iPhoto though obviously won’t share libraries like iPhoto and Aperture do.

Not quite sure the question...

Are you worried that Aperture will stop working, or are you saying your computer is saying Aperture no works?

If the former, then nothing will change if you don’t update. Apple no longer offer any updates for Aperture, but it will continue working as it was when development stopped adinfinitum. Of course a new computer with a newer OS might not run it, and if you buy a new camera then that will not be supported without having updates Apple RAW converter.

Aperture worked with OS X Sierra (2016), not yet updated the laptop to High Sierra and that’s what had Aperture on it... will let you know.

Just as an FYI, I can confirm that Aperture works fine on macOS High Sierra 10.13.

Not quite sure the question...

Are you worried that Aperture will stop working, or are you saying your computer is saying Aperture no works?

If the former, then nothing will change if you don’t update. Apple no longer offer any updates for Aperture, but it will continue working as it was when development stopped adinfinitum. Of course a new computer with a newer OS might not run it, and if you buy a new camera then that will not be supported without having updates Apple RAW converter.

Aperture worked with OS X Sierra (2016), not yet updated the laptop to High Sierra and that’s what had Aperture on it... will let you know.
Im worried Aperture will stop working.

Im worried Aperture will stop working.
You haven’t said which OS X version you are using. You mention Mac Pro so you may be on an older version. Anyway if you don’t upgrade beyond High Sierra then Aperture will continue to work until your Mac Pro dies :) .

I'm running aperture on my new I Mac no problem
also no probs on my 2yr old macbook with yosimite version 10:10: 5

You haven’t said which OS X version you are using. You mention Mac Pro so you may be on an older version. Anyway if you don’t upgrade beyond High Sierra then Aperture will continue to work until your Mac Pro dies :) .
No one knows what the future holds ... but while you cannot now buy Aperture in the App Store (as far as I could see) you can still download it.

I’m using leopard on one computer and yosemite on another
As it happens I am running a Mac with Leopard (OSX 10.5) but it’s a G5 PowerMac ;-) and that is the last version that will run on it. I am surprised if you are running Leopard as the general concession was that Snow Leopard (10.6) was a great improvement and some say still the best OSX version, and it was all downhill from there :)

Back