IPTC & Bank details

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No
I usually shoot for an agency, but over the past few weeks I’ve worked freelance for a national newspaper, and now I've been asked to cover an event for another one tomorrow. I’m sure I read previously that it’s best to include your bank transfer details within The IPTC file – I think it was KIPAX, but apologies if it wasn’t?

Is this correct or have I just made this up?

If you read the IPTC on this, you'll see how I set it out:

2012FlameDay4_006.jpg

However, make sure that their Mac Desk has your full details as well. Sometimes you can get the 'Oh sorry, we didn't know...etc etc' excuse! :)

Yep any picture I release I put all my details all my contact details and bank details along with a crystal clear NO UNPAID USAGE in capitols :)

Sorry to drag this post up, but does anyone have an image with the IPTC attached so I can have a look at how it is set out please. I know DemiLion posted one but the link his died in the mist of time.

I'm struggling to get my local paper to pay or even credit me for any photos I send in and think my IPTC needs to be more appropriate.

Thanks

Allan

Forget the usefulness of IPTC when it comes to most local, and some regional, titles. Include it by all means, but makes sure that your caption and T&Cs are set out in the accompanying email.

Back