[IR] Hampstead Heath

Edit My Images
Yes
Some photos taken at London's Hampstead Heath.

Went for the usual blue colour type of IR..instead of my preferred bnw processing normally for a change. :D

2600747031_7cf7d9c942.jpg

2599746535_cefba5df1a.jpg

2599748977_49bdec3d1d.jpg

2600577596_a3cf578592.jpg

Unusual - I like number 4

Nice work, albeit somewhat artificial looking.

i do know what u mean...thats why i said..i seldom do these colour IR stuff...i tend to go for more black and white processing. as i post more u will understand why :D

Nice.

Not done much IR myself - The most sucessfull i've been is with P&S cameras (Canon G7 & Fuji F31fd)

887158361_af42b5b82a.jpg

888018956_0c6f718875.jpg

Must try my hand at some more :)

IR's not really my thing but I like these. Out of interest, how do you take your IR shots? I thought they required long exposures on digital due to the various filters manufaturers use.

IR's not really my thing but I like these. Out of interest, how do you take your IR shots? I thought they required long exposures on digital due to the various filters manufaturers use.

Mine were hand-held on a P&S due to the weak filter in P&S's.

Like chillimonster mentioned...you can also use PnS digital cams ..which makes it alot easier for sure. One PnS which i use personally is Ricoh GRD which also doubles up as my IR camera.

For these shots...they are all taken with a modified Nikon D40x. The hot mirror has been replaced with a IR glass filter.

Are these really IR? As IR requires a long expousre time and that duck looks pretty still, the water not moving, no wind?

Like chillimonster mentioned...you can also use PnS digital cams ..which makes it alot easier for sure. One PnS which i use personally is Ricoh GRD which also doubles up as my IR camera.

For these shots...they are all taken with a modified Nikon D40x. The hot mirror has been replaced with a IR glass filter.

Are these really IR? As IR requires a long expousre time and that duck looks pretty still, the water not moving, no wind?

^^ He uses a modifed camera so he doesnt need long exposures to take the IR shots.

I must get myself a new IR filter, since dropping and breaking my last one I havnt even thought of IR photography in a long time.

Number 1 for me, Vortex. Nice and vivid, and the bloke adds some interest.

All very good though :D

As Moke2k mentioned....i use a modified camera. And yes, they are real IR taken with a actual IR filter. ;)

Real IR or not, I think they're great. The first three particularly.

^^ He uses a modifed camera so he doesnt need long exposures to take the IR shots.

I must get myself a new IR filter, since dropping and breaking my last one I havnt even thought of IR photography in a long time.

Number 1 for me, Vortex. Nice and vivid, and the bloke adds some interest.

All very good though :D

Thanks for viewing people! :)

IR only needs long exposures if you are using an unmodified camera with a filter. If you have a modified camera, then you can shoot handheld, just as normal.

Back