Irresponsible dog owners

Name
mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Why do some dog owners think dogs must be on a lead does not apply to them, the owner of this dog has two the same and she goes wandering off around the park. The dogs are left to run wild, chasing the wildlife, swimming out to the islands that soon will be nesting sites.
In the past no matter how politely I mention the dogs should be on a lead signs I have got aggressive and rude replies.

MIK_2091.jpg

It drives other dog owners nuts too chap. Just because their dog doesnt have issues, they dont realise that other dogs DO have issues and their dog getting in my dogs face whilst mine is on the lead puts both dogs in danger. Yet when my dog gets defensive and snaps, despite being on the lead, they accuse me of failing to control my dog!

Far too many dog owners in our village think its fine for a dog to poop and to leave it. Scum.

Some just aren't for telling, despite how polite you are.

I remember fishing a public lake once and all of a sudden, out of nowhere, two huge black labs launched themselves into the lake in the next guy's swim.

They knocked his rods in the water, got tangled in his fishing line and made a huge mess of everything.

When the angler confronted the dog owner, she went crazy at HIM, saying it was a public place and she could do what she liked. It was actually a public lake but with sole fishing rights by the club.

You just cannot reason with some

You just cannot reason with some
Too many people think others need to be considerate of them but never make the connection that they have to be considerate of others...

Why do some dog owners think dogs must be on a lead does not apply to them, the owner of this dog has two the same and she goes wandering off around the park. The dogs are left to run wild, chasing the wildlife, swimming out to the islands that soon will be nesting sites.
In the past no matter how politely I mention the dogs should be on a lead signs I have got aggressive and rude replies.

View attachment 240235

Im assuming you have passed the photos to the relevant authority?

If I had a pound for every time some idiot in our local park walks along with their dog off the lead and they pay no attention because the dog is behind them when it craps, I would have enough funds to buy all the L lenses on the market.
I always offer them a bag and most of the time they look embarrassed but take it and clean up after their dog.

A few weeks ago, I was trying to shoot a Kingfisher on the canal and some idiot let their dogs in chasing sticks without a car in the world.
I made a sarcastic comment and I think she was too shocked to respond.
I've lived with / owned dog my entire life and I consider myself to be very considerate.
If someone walks past me with a dog on the lead and mine want's to say hello I always make her move away because I have no idea if the dog is on the lead because it's aggressive or not.
Some dog owners use the colour coded leads, green for friendly and red for not which shows they are responsible dog owners.
Dogs are naturally sociable and the and it never ceases to amaze me when I see a dog on a lead wanting to say hello to another and the owner just drags it along without a care in the world.

It's the dog walkers with 10+ dogs of which most are off the lead which really annoy me, on many levels.

My last GSD didn't like other dogs rushing up to him and yes he would attack.
I lived in an area where people moved in, got the 4WD got the wellies and dog
with no idea.
I made sure that obedience wise my boy was bulletproof, the number of times I had to
park him in a down/stay whilst I grabbed another dog with the owner shouting "It's ok he/she is friendly"
My reply that mine wasn't was often met with "well muzzle it and put it on a lead if I couldn't
control him"
Hmmm .....He was under perfect control, their's didn't even recall to them, oh well not my problem
and often putting a dog on lead makes it worse.
Add to that the nicely decorated hedges cover in bags of dog poo, makes you wonder when
there were plenty of bins

I think when on a lead they may feel a little trapped so get more defensive plus they don't have the option to run away if necessary I guess.

Im assuming you have passed the photos to the relevant authority?

Not yet, i intend to get more images as i know they will not want to take action.

I think when on a lead they may feel a little trapped so get more defensive plus they don't have the option to run away if necessary I guess.

The other theory is that if the owner is stressed by the approaching threat
it transmutes to the dog when they are attached, who knows !!!
My boy would happily walk to heel and obey commands, clip the lead on and he became a demon

I was out with my 8 month lab last week
Some type of terrier off the lead starting snapping at her
Should be on a lead if you can't control it
I can control it was the answer as it continued
And if I wanted to make something of it he would fill me in
I informed him that I have a duty as A licensed professional kick boxer (now retired) to inform him before we start
Listen I've had a terrible morning blah blah blah excuse excuse ect
I smiled an walked

Dog owners find it impossible to comprehend that others may not like dogs.
I don't and would prefer they keep their animals on a lead and not let them bother me

I feel exactly the same way, but substitute "dog" for "feral children" :D

Both as bad as each other, one thing in common and that is irresponsible owners/parents

I don't and would prefer they keep their animals on a lead and not let them bother me

Or trained them properly so they could call them back to heel
I hate the way a few irresponsible owners cause endless trouble for all dog owners

Or trained them properly so they could call them back to heel
I hate the way a few irresponsible owners cause endless trouble for all dog owners

No, kept on a lead, you cannot predict how an animal will behave.

Dog owners find it impossible to comprehend that others may not like dogs.
All dog owners?:rolleyes:

Vast majority if my experiences are anything to go by.
Were you expecting an exact figure or is it the opening gambit of a pointless debate

Last edited:

So you don't think dogs should be allowed the freedom to run ?
You can predict how your dog will behave if you have put the effort into training,
working dogs couldn't be kept on leads and many of them work in places where footpaths cross.
As above, irresponsible owners ruin it for everyone

Bet the dogs don't like you much :)
No they don't, buggers cross the road to sink their teeth in my backside.
Dogs should only ever be given one bite before they are destroyed, next one could be a child

Last edited:
When I used to shoot rabbits on dales sheep farms I had one instruction about dogs-if its off a lead and running around-shoot it!

Vast majority if my experiences are anything to go by.
Were you expecting an exact figure or is it the opening gambit of a pointless debate
How many times have you been bitten?

When I used to shoot rabbits on dales sheep farms I had one instruction about dogs-if its off a lead and running around-shoot it!

On that I will agree, dogs should be kept on leads around livestock

So you don't think dogs should be allowed the freedom to run ?
You can predict how your dog will behave if you have put the effort into training,
working dogs couldn't be kept on leads and many of them work in places where footpaths cross.
As above, irresponsible owners ruin it for everyone

I have 2 dogs ( a GSD & a Northern Inuit). They are night & day different. My GSD is a fully trained working dog (3 years German Shutzhund Training) & as a Guard dog is amazing. She is NOT a friendly dog. If you run at her, she will bite. If you have not been introduced to her, she will bite. But then again I live in a WAR ZONE in West London & she is excellent at keeping scum away.
My Inuit has also done a lot of the training & will also join in if required - She is 36kg (very lean) & he is 40kg (fairly lean).

Both are walked for 1-2 hrs every day on lead.

On that I will agree, dogs should be kept on leads around livestock

Im going to assume neither of you actually mean sheepdogs?

Dogs have become handbags, things that are ponced about in the urban world.
carried into pubs like precious babes, yapping and then carried back out to the BMW
s*** on the pavement, snotty owners to posh to pick up
haven't seen a proper dog in years.

carried into pubs like precious babes, yapping and then carried back out to the BMW

Its no wonder the kids throw stones at you is it.

Well there's still 45 minutes to go for someone else to win the award for today.

I've got a proper dog.
He's a Rottweiler and his name is Diesel.

Are you living on the moon?
I see plenty of 'proper' dogs on a daily basis in my local park.

On the street and where there is livestock then yes, they should be kept on a lead.
In an open space with an owner who has a clue, off the lead is fine as they are sociable creatures.
I've lived and owned dogs for 50 years and never had a problem with mine, every aggressive dog I've encountered is that way because of a *uckwit owner

Back