Is 35mm SLR kit worth anything?

Edit My Images
Yes
I've got a couple of Pentax 35mm bodies and 3 (or 4?) lenses, and a flash.

Are they likely to be worth much? I would guess that, for the most part, it's only pros that use 35mm these days and this is consumer kit.

Are the lenses likely to fit Pentax dSLRs?

Sadly, your right about the bodies being worth just about nothing. :(

There are still lots of folks out there (me included) who had and still love the old pentax mechanical cameras but just don't really have any call for one.

The lenses do fit the new digi models though, I believe, so they may hold more value.

Which cameras are they by the way?

If you're into wide angles, keep one of the 35mm bodies to sidestep the crop factor. AFAIK, PKAF lenses still fit Pentax (and Samsung) DSLRs.

Two years ago I gave my Pentax gear to a girl starting at Newcastle Uni, said she had to begin with the basics including darkroom? If it went to good use i'm happy,
Jim

photography students have to have a film SLR- college or uni. They sell on ebay. Why dont you have a look for same model on there.

Unless they are semi pro or pro models , or a sought after classic model then you aren't going to get much for them at all.

For example..
Canon EOS500n - typical consumer camera of late 90's - £15-20 for body, £25-30 with lens on ebay.

I just bought a EOS30 with battery grip for £50 - probably cost around £450 in early 00s !

By the time you photograph your kit, place the advert, sell, package and despatch its hardly worth the effort these days.

Back