Is age an object to photography?

lindsayperezphotography

Edit My Images
Yes
This is just a little thought just meant from discussion and would be cool to see other views!

As a young creative, I've seen Joe age affects getting jobs for good and for worse. I've had people say wow youe work is fantastic I can't believe your 15 and other who have said your work is great but i can see they don't take me as seriously due to my age.

It's a real mix. I think for quite a few people the thought of a 15 year old building his business and branding himself sounds odd and they don't believe I can conduct myself professionally.

Here is a link to my work so you can see what km working from. All my skills are self taught over the last two years.
Lindsayperezphoto.co.uk

What so you guys think!!

I love your images Will. They are really nice. I understand that you may get some doubters, but all you need to do to convince them is show them your work.

I think you have a great future in photography, but don't lose sight of the fact you are still a child. Make sure you balance your photography with all the other things that 15 year olds do. You have your whole life to be an adult, don't rush too hard to be one before you have to.

I like your stacked images too, the roundabout one is my favourite. Some of your portraits are incredible. Keep it up :) I look forward to seeing more of your pictures.

Wouldn't this be better in the Talk Photography section?

I completely agree with gremlin16. Your pictures are good and exciting but you're only 15. Your pictures reflect your experience and will only get better as you mature and that is one of the things that people will be considering. Unfortunately however professional you know you are people are going to have doubts because of your age. That being said all you can do is keep pushing, making contacts, getting known, it's a tough business with a lot of competition but who knows when you might get that break and if you don't get it as soon as you want then that's just one of the problems of being 15. And don't worry, your age problem will naturally resolve itself over time.

Superb portfolio :)

I've experienced similar ageism in the past. It's a tricky one for sure. What I found worked was quietly confident and self assured.

You mentioned self taught? Did you think about some kind of course? Might help strengthen your foundation of knowledge, gain some new experience and a great way to meet more people working in the field?

I'm not sure that age is a barrier, but repeatedly mentioning your website and "what do you think?" in every question you ask suggests that a degree of insecurity comes with youth ;)

Just put it in your signature like everyone else does..

I love your images Will. They are really nice. I understand that you may get some doubters, but all you need to do to convince them is show them your work.

I think you have a great future in photography, but don't lose sight of the fact you are still a child. Make sure you balance your photography with all the other things that 15 year olds do. You have your whole life to be an adult, don't rush too hard to be one before you have to.

I like your stacked images too, the roundabout one is my favourite. Some of your portraits are incredible. Keep it up :) I look forward to seeing more of your pictures.
Hey gremlin16

Thank you for your kind words about my work! Yes I agree I gave lots of time ahead of me and I am making sure that my life at this time isn't just focus on building and expanding I have a ofc a social life too and love doing all the stupid things teenagers do with out mates [emoji23]

I want to be able to look back and see where I started but also how much fun I had :)

I completely agree with gremlin16. Your pictures are good and exciting but you're only 15. Your pictures reflect your experience and will only get better as you mature and that is one of the things that people will be considering. Unfortunately however professional you know you are people are going to have doubts because of your age. That being said all you can do is keep pushing, making contacts, getting known, it's a tough business with a lot of competition but who knows when you might get that break and if you don't get it as soon as you want then that's just one of the problems of being 15. And don't worry, your age problem will naturally resolve itself over time.
Yes again as I said to gremlin 16

Thank you for your kind words about my work! Yes I agree I gave lots of time ahead of me and I am making sure that my life at this time isn't just focus on building and expanding I have a ofc a social life too and love doing all the stupid things teenagers do with out mates [emoji23]

I want to be able to look back and see where I started but also how much fun I had[emoji4]

But I agree it is a tough market and I'd only getting harder!

Superb portfolio :)

I've experienced similar ageism in the past. It's a tricky one for sure. What I found worked was quietly confident and self assured.

You mentioned self taught? Did you think about some kind of course? Might help strengthen your foundation of knowledge, gain some new experience and a great way to meet more people working in the field?
Yes! I have I am doing anything I can to gain experience whether it be working with other photogrpaher on shots or just working anywhere with people!

Back