Is any one using my images ( not that they are good enough yet)?

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
Hi this has probably been asked before can you or is there a way to find out if any of your photos are being used with out your permission?

Last edited:
The usual thing is to use a reverse image search engine such as Tineye
http://www.tineye.com/

I'd be interested to know if there's a way of searching Facebook without having a facebook account.

I never get any results from using that either.. not sure if disabling searches on sites that use the API on my flickr photos has anything to do with it?

Doesn't work for me either and I know for a fact that some of my images are being used on more that one site..........ho hum.....

This got me thinking and I tried Googling my photobucket account name and got a surprise.

2 of my pictures are being used illegaly. :nono:

They are both rubbish and I have no intentions of doing anything about it, but it proves the tactic works some of the time anyway.

Doesn't work for me either and I know for a fact that some of my images are being used on more that one site..........ho hum.....

:plus1: it doesn't find the ones I know are online of mine either.

Oggy said:
This got me thinking and I tried Googling my photobucket account name and got a surprise.

2 of my pictures are being used illegaly. :nono:

They are both rubbish and I have no intentions of doing anything about it, but it proves the tactic works some of the time anyway.

If you found them that way then does that mean that they are linking to the image rather than a saved copy?
In that case just remove/re-upload them to photobucket and you'll break their links.

If you found them that way then does that mean that they are linking to the image rather than a saved copy?
In that case just remove/re-upload them to photobucket and you'll break their links.

I've found a few of my images using this method, often because people have credited my name but downloaded, copied and re-hosted the image.

Tineye is limited, but it's better than nothing. And I have found it useful when moderating a different forum as a means of identifying image plagiarism.

Back