Is it good enough?

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I have to do a little talk on Monday at my local camera club on a few photo's I have taken and how I have achieved them. I'm thinking this will be one but can't decide if it's good enough to use. It may be a little oof :shrug:

23m1x6t.jpg

Last edited:
Looks damn good to me, but i'll await sir Ash to give final verdict ;)

as above maybe alil noise reduction and possibly a crop off the left hand bit, just a personal preference :)

lovely pic though!

I think that this photograph is easily good enough. I would do a little bit of noise reduction on it personally, but yea its real good. And nice to talk about!

Will have a shot at some noise ninja. Thanks for the comment.

as above maybe alil noise reduction and possibly a crop off the left hand bit, just a personal preference :)

lovely pic though!

Cheers matey, only took about 500 shots to get a keeper :LOL:

thats 10 times better than original!! (y) thats your keeper!

Have a look for a photoshop plugin called Focus Magic. You get 10 trial goes and you can fix "out of focus motion blur"

Give it go. You put your pointer over the area OOF, click detect and then knock it down one or two steps.

thats 10 times better than original!! (y) thats your keeper!

Thanks Dave it's in my once empty presentation folder :)

Have a look for a photoshop plugin called Focus Magic. You get 10 trial goes and you can fix "out of focus motion blur"

Give it go. You put your pointer over the area OOF, click detect and then knock it down one or two steps.

Will give that a shot now thanks for the tip (y)

It looks a little OOF/cropped/blurred to me, but tbh I think the planning and technique behind it makes up for it, the shape of the droplet is ace!

Off topic, which camera club are you a member of John?

Cheers for the comment Ian, I'm a member of the Blackburn & District Camera Club. We meet every Monday if anyone wants details then just drop me a PM.

Good enough for what? If its to impress me then you betcha life it is. Well done(y)

ha ha :) he has that infuence about him :bat: :bat: :rules: lol

Hahaha!:razz:

Much better after the edit :) Personally, for the water drops, I prefer a dead-centre crop, but that's just personal preference. Cool shape and colours :)

I also maybe wouldn't crop so tight, personally :)

Good enough for what? If its to impress me then you betcha life it is. Well done(y)

Thanks I really appreciate the comment. I was thinking of trying again but you have inspired me to stick with this one now :LOL:

Love it after the edit, beautiful.

Thanks for the comment I may blush now :)

Hahaha!:razz:

Much better after the edit :) Personally, for the water drops, I prefer a dead-centre crop, but that's just personal preference. Cool shape and colours :)

I also maybe wouldn't crop so tight, personally :)

Thanks for the comments Ash, I was slacking when I got this one and I only just caught it in frame, I really must pay more attention in future.

Lovely shot, the colours and the shape are brilliant

Thanks so much for commenting, I have not been taking any worthwhile shots for a while and you have given me a much needed boost. (y)

Thanks for the comments Ash, I was slacking when I got this one and I only just caught it in frame, I really must pay more attention in future.

Oh bummer! :( I always spend a while, and a good few shots, setting up the lighting and angle/droplet placement etc first so when you do get that nice collision, it's perfect :)

Oh bummer! :( I always spend a while, and a good few shots, setting up the lighting and angle/droplet placement etc first so when you do get that nice collision, it's perfect :)

I was going to have another go at it today but I'm under strict instructions to take it easy as I was back in hospital today. Still I took the opportunity to get a couple of O2 masks for some spare "free" tubing :LOL: (with the nurses permission of course) they only bin them after use anyway. Tomorrow I will be mainly setting up "properly" to get some more collisions. I also have a couple of eyedropper pipettes on order from ebay that I have seen used to devastating effect on a link meant for you a few days ago :)

Question: Do you use a container or something to catch the drips and then release the drips into the tray trying to get the collision on the third droplet and then keep repeating that until you get one, or do you just use a constant flow of drips into the bottom tray and shoot away? I know the set-up but would like a little more info on the method (y)

Looks great after the edit!

If you're projecting the image you won't notice the OOF.

Back