is it legal to take pictures of the old bill?

Edit My Images
Yes
I was resisting getting some crackers today of a bunch of coppers sorting out a bunch of good for nothings, as soon as i even pointed my camera in the coppers policeman's direction i was getting a funny look from him.

i know there are very few laws about what you are allowed to take pictures of, but are police officers on the list as a NO ?

Rick.
this is all i dared take...
copsnd4.jpg

no c&c needed... was just a snap shot :)

Went to enrol at college other week they had loads of pictures on the walls
Bob

no probs taking pics of cops as long as you're only public land. However, if they consider you are obstructing or causing a breach of the peace, they can ask you to stop, or arrest you if you don't.

You'd be wise not to photograph kids though unless you had a good reason.

oh well, seems to be okay though.

I was down the docks just after work to get snaps of the sea birds, and as usual the place was just crawling with stupid kids pulling roof tiles off and other pass times the little scum bags seem to get up to. within moments there were 2 police cars.

it was just one of those sad moments of 'what is happening to this country' the police were obviously having a hard time reasoning with these foul mouthed kids and of course just cant do anything about it. the moment they left ( after the obligatory hand gestures from the kids) the kids were back to smashing bottles everywhere and the rest of it.

it was just the looks that the coppers were giving me that made me think... maybe I'm not allowed to take pics of her majesty's police officers.

Nope, youre allowed. They are afforded the same protection in public from photographers as you and me........IE bugger all.

The only time you can't take photos is of something that might be a threat to national security, or (and this is one they can bend to fit), something that comes under the anti-terror laws.

Apart from that snap away. :)

Back