Is It Me?

Apart from one annoying noise earlier, this has turned into a nice lighthearted thread, Despite the "ScrivensHaters" :D:D:D
Thanks guys for cheering me up and letting me know that some (most) of you are decent. (y)

Last edited:
Is it me, who hasn't been here very long, or are there some argumentative buggers on this forum?
Is it me or do some people simply look for an argument when there isn't one?
Is it me or are there some folks who disagree just for the sake of proving they can type in English?
Is it me or are there some really bad tempered arsey sods in here?
Is it me or are there some who simply refuse point blank to see anothers point of view?
Is it me or are there several members who believe that any other way is wrong and you deserve derision and being locked in the stocks and have cabbages thrown at your head?
Is it me?
Is it?
Really?

:(

It's not you at all. But that's what the ignore feature is for.

Is it me, who hasn't been here very long, or are there some argumentative buggers on this forum?
Is it me or do some people simply look for an argument when there isn't one?
Is it me or are there some folks who disagree just for the sake of proving they can type in English?
Is it me or are there some really bad tempered arsey sods in here?
Is it me or are there some who simply refuse point blank to see anothers point of view?
Is it me or are there several members who believe that any other way is wrong and you deserve derision and being locked in the stocks and have cabbages thrown at your head?
Is it me?
Is it?
Really?

:(

Welcome to the internet.

I'm not going to but I can name a particular forum I'm on (and don't visit that regularly) that is literally full of assholes.

This one is proper friendly.

I'm not going to but I can name a particular forum I'm on (and don't visit that regularly) that is literally full of assholes.

This one is proper friendly.
It's not one that is virtually identical to this but replaces the word photography with Ford is it? :D:D

It's not one that is virtually identical to this but replaces the word photography with Ford is it? :D:D

No it's not, but you are on the right lines with a car forum.

Pff i'd never drive a ford. Jap all the way!

No it's not, but you are on the right lines with a car forum.

Pff i'd never drive a ford. Jap all the way!
:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
Mondeo diesel. Big, comfy, reliable, fast (been chipped) and still does 60mpg on a run.
I'd never drive a Jap, Ford ALL THE WAY! :D:D:D:D

Civic Type R - 200bhp n/a with an engine capable on standard internals of 400bhp with a bolt on turbo and a good map.

The k20 is a wonderful engine.

Civic Type R - 200bhp n/a with an engine capable on standard internals of 400bhp with a bolt on turbo and a good map.

The k20 is a wonderful engine.
Very nice. You don't happen to have been in Stoke 2 nights ago? I got left for dead by one of those.
Mine is the 130bhp TDCi, Decatted, EGR blank, Both boxes removed, remapped, K & N, and it was RR'd at 179bhp, which ain't half bad for a tractor! lol. And no, it's not capable of much more without major internal mods.

No, I'm miles away from stoke.

There is that many about these days anyway due to them being so cheap. Most bang for the buck if you want a fast hatch IMO.

Only downside being they are quite flat before you hit VTEC, then they are just wild!

No, I'm miles away from stoke.

There is that many about these days anyway due to them being so cheap. Most bang for the buck if you want a fast hatch IMO.

Only downside being they are quite flat before you hit VTEC, then they are just wild!
Is it the one that screams up to 9k?

Yeah, if you get your gear changes right before redline then you don't leave the VTEC band under hard acceleration. They are great fun on track!

Yeah, if you get your gear changes right before redline then you don't leave the VTEC band under hard acceleration. They are great fun on track!
I can imagine they're IMMENSE on track. I think my Mondy would be a dull track car, loads of torque but no revs! lol. I'll just be smug in the knowledge that in March, I'll be on the autobahn, sitting pretty at 130+ and still getting 45mpg. :D:D:D

Performance > MPG for me I'm afraid, it'll be a while before I think otherwise!

You must be younger than me! :D:D:D
I used to be like that. Bikes do it for me now though. The ZRX1200S I had would do 0-60 in 3.5, 0-100 in 7 and a top end of 170+.
I had a heavily modded 3.3 litre Pug 406 estate, looked such a dead loss but ate Scoobys for breakfast.

Haha maybe, I'm 24.

Coming from a family of bikers I've always fancied one. Got a real soft spot for CBR's & GSXR's. Yum!

I'm 43, with a mortgage etc. and still want my cars to go and handle, so you've got a while....

Naturally aspirated and lots of revs for me.

Every day = MPG>Performance
Weekends = Performance>MPG

Get two cars... that's the only way to avoid any compromise :)

Every day = MPG>Performance
Weekends = Performance>MPG

Get two cars... that's the only way to avoid any compromise :)

Or a car and a bike! Lol. Honestly, my Mondy ain't no slouch. 0-60 is around 8 seconds and top end is 145 on the Speedo (probably 137 in real terms) and being diesel has enough torque to bump start a small planet. That's just my way of course, I live for oodles of torque.

Very nice. You don't happen to have been in Stoke 2 nights ago? I got left for dead by one of those.
Mine is the 130bhp TDCi, Decatted, EGR blank, Both boxes removed, remapped, K & N, and it was RR'd at 179bhp, which ain't half bad for a tractor! lol. And no, it's not capable of much more without major internal mods.

due to these horrid new MOT rules, I thought a cat removal with a mufflerectomy was an instant fail, as well as an EGR bypass? mk1 seat leon fr tdi here...remapped to around 185bhp and about 330ft/lb torque going through a stage2 clutch and solid flywheel.

as for the OP....yeah, some do argue but in most instances it's harmless. It's the ones that just join in to antagonise others that irritate and they usually aren't the ones arguing. They just throw the grenade in the room then watch the carnage

due to these horrid new MOT rules, I thought a cat removal with a mufflerectomy was an instant fail, as well as an EGR bypass? mk1 seat leon fr tdi here...remapped to around 185bhp and about 330ft/lb torque going through a stage2 clutch and solid flywheel.

as for the OP....yeah, some do argue but in most instances it's harmless. It's the ones that just join in to antagonise others that irritate and they usually aren't the ones arguing. They just throw the grenade in the room then watch the carnage

You don't need a cat on a diesel as there is no emissions test, only a smoke test. Also, the car runs so much more efficiently with the egr blanked, there's virtually no smoke at all. Mine passed it MOT two weeks ago. :) Getting rid of two boxes still left one straight through muffler which quietened it enough. You wanna hear it when the turbo kicks, it absolutely RIPS through the exhaust, and the overrun is louder and more musical than any wastegate. Lol. But cruising on the motorway its whisper quiet.

I've noticed that i'm much more argumentative now than I was 10 years ago. I'm wondering if you get worse as you get older?

And as for this forum, well it's the worst of all the ones I use for people trying to cause an argument. Some of the moderators could do with being sacked too (no i'm not going to mention any names though).

The most argumentative posters are the ones who hold multiple user accounts thinking no one can tell its the same poster.

pepi1967 said:
The most argumentative posters are the ones who hold multiple user accounts thinking no one can tell its the same poster.

Really? Does that happen here, and if so how do you know?

If you suspect that Scott, please RTM and we can investigate as it is against forum rules to hold multiple accounts

Every forum has the same problem. People who have one account from home one from work etc etc.

i have to be honest though the mods on here are pretty much on the ball with it but with a forum this big it's impossible to police it. And if you read the posts you can tell who has the same posting style posting sentences phrased the same way with the same humour or sarcasm etc etc.

when one or two catch your eye it's sets me thinking then after a while of doing a little research it gets more obvious. Proving it is almost impossible but the evidence is there.

If you suspect that Scott, please RTM and we can investigate as it is against forum rules to hold multiple accounts

Oh don't worry I will. You have my word on it.(y)

That's what I mean. RTM them and we will be able to get the proof needed

Lol posted to your other reply as you were posting about the RTMs

I'm 43, with a mortgage etc. and still want my cars to go and handle, so you've got a while....

Naturally aspirated and lots of revs for me.

A man after my own heart...though I have a few years on you but still crave for the adrenalin thrill of a revving engine.
Weekdays a vw diesel
Weekends a remapped 330 that's far to 'rock solid' for my aching back :LOL:

Back