Is it possible to upgrade tablet Rom's?

andy_fozzy

SPAM Merchant
Name
Andy!
Edit My Images
Yes
Having just gone out and spent 80 quid on a Asus tablet for work, and realising it won't run the app we need (not available on this android version), I'm guessing i need to update somehow to ICS.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

I've checked the Asus website, but that doesn't help.....

TIA

In short yes.
What model is your Asus tablet (TF101 by chance?) and do you want to go official ROM or custom ROM?

Last edited by a moderator:
TF101 came with Honeycomb and went to ICS quickly

See if it has the updates

You can get Jelly bean on the 101

Thanks guys.

No its a 7" memo pad. Not sure of the model off hand.

The app works on my HTC One.
I'm not worried either way - official or custom, just as long as I can get the app I need working.

Its iAuditor that I need to run.....

Cheers

Might be to do with device ID rather than the version of android. See if anyone else has it working on the memo

Might be to do with device ID rather than the version of android. See if anyone else has it working on the memo

This, from what I can see the memo pads run jellybean. I downloaded the app on my tablet and it worked fine.
When you are in the play store does it say not compatible with this device?
You could try side loading the app and bypass the play store altogether. It may or may not work.
If you have root permissions on your HTC you will be able to find and send the app by bluetooth/wife to your tablet.

Thanks again chaps.
It's running version 4.1.1 Jellybean.
Can't see anything about a device ID???

If I search for the app from play store, it doesn't even find it. I have to go to Google and search, then click the link for the app on the play store that way, if you know what I mean?
Then when the play store opens the link it says "your device isn't compatible with this version".

And it appears the tablet doesn't have bloody Bluetooth :razz:

Andy what you are describing is a common theme amongst tablet users.
Before messing about with custom Ross I would try and side load the app apk file first.

Andy what you are describing is a common theme amongst tablet users.
Before messing about with custom Ross I would try and side load the app apk file first.

Ok cheers.

Sorry, but how would I go about doing that?

:bonk:

If I search for the app from play store, it doesn't even find it. I have to go to Google and search, then click the link for the app on the play store that way, if you know what I mean?
Then when the play store opens the link it says "your device isn't compatible with this version".

An extremely annoying feature of android, find a great game and find out your latest newest tablet with everything isn't good enough/not supported.

And sadly this isn't widely known or mentioned.

Last edited:
An extremely annoying feature of android, find a great game and find out your latest newest tablet with everything isn't good enough/not supported.

And sadly this isn't widely known or mentioned.

To be fair, Android is on so many devices now that you can't assume all apps are available to every one, it's up to you to check the minimum requirements as we have done with Windows based PCs for as long as I can remember.

To be fair, Android is on so many devices now that you can't assume all apps are available to every one, it's up to you to check the minimum requirements as we have done with Windows based PCs for as long as I can remember.

The latest android device with everything possible isn't supported, but a different model from somewhere else with same spec is?

Windows doesn't block you from using software, your PC may not be able to handle it, but you aren't blocked.

It is down to the developer managing the app.

The best thing to assume is even though the play store might say the app is not compatible with the device, that isn't always the case.

In Andy's case I emailed him the apk file for the supposed incompatible app and with a side load install it works perfectly.

If you get stuck drop me a pm and i can supply the files and walk you through the process of flashing a custom rom

Massive thanks to Stu,
All sorted now.

Been a very interesting topic and I'm happy for the thread to be continued if people so wish to.

Back