Will
Edit My Images
No
Hi

My names is will im 17 and looking it to getting a Nikon D40

Is it worth getting?

decent camera overall?

Thanks in advance

I bought a D40 2 weeks ago, but as its my first 'semi-serious' camera ive nothing to compare it too so....

I read alot of good reviews and found this guys site quite useful and this ultimatley made me go for the D40

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d40.htm

So far im impressed, but as i said, first DSLR so i would be 8o)

Oh yes, it sure is worth every bit of it!

Since December last year I've bought 3 of them ... with the Nikon cash-back offer it is so well worth every bit of its price. I just love it so much I've bought one for each close family member and one for myself as a back up to my D200.

Well i have a basic camera at the moment and was looking around for a new camera and people have suggested the D40 and looks good

I think im going to buy one tomorrow from my grandad 2nd hand but just means i dont have to spend as much and know its in tip top condition :)

I am sure you will love the experience ... good luck with your new acquisition.

If you can stretch to the D40x it's worth it for the extra pixels, and therefore extra ability to crop.

i have a d40x and u would have to look hard to find one.

where do u live?

A little old town called Taunton in Somerset

its just i can pick up a D40x for £270 body that why i need to find a lens

can you suggest a place to get a nikon d40x lens?

Depends......what sort of thing do you like to shoot and how much do you want to spend? You're a bit limited by the lack of autofocus motor in the D40/x, but there are still plenty of excellent options for not a lot of ££

well i think i will mostly use it for mostly scenery like on hills in woods etc

i dont really want to spend much just want a basic lens for as little as possible :)

can you suggest a place to get a nikon d40x lens?

The lenses are Nikon 'AF-S' lenses or Sigma 'HSM' lenses (plus others). You need these specific ones as they have the focus motor in the lens. They really do come in all shapes, sizes, and prices to suit you needs. They are not specific to the D40x and will fit the D40, D60 and other Nikon cameras for when you upgrade the body later. They are widely available online.

How much have you got to spend on a lens roughly ?

Any Nikon AF-S or Sigma HSM will autofocus on the D40x

The lenses are Nikon 'AF-S' lenses or Sigma 'HSM' lenses (plus others). You need these specific ones as they have the focus motor in the lens. They really do come in all shapes, sizes, and prices to suit you needs. They are not specific to the D40x and will fit the D40, D60 and other Nikon cameras for when you upgrade the body later. They are widely available online.

How much have you got to spend on a lens roughly ?

£100

im not sure how much i would have to spend :confused:

new to all this lol

You could get this and then add the cashback to your £100 to get, for example, a 55-200 VR lens (prob about £150 to £175) later on if you find you want more zoom.

This kit will get your started in the DSLR world. Once you have used it for a while you can then work out exactly what additional lenses you need.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nikon-D40-Digital-SLR-Camera/dp/B000KIX65S?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1193566964&sr=1-1

That's the exact deal I've just bought :D Well, my dad has bought me and my fiancee as a wedding present !!!

Just need to pick up a 55-200mm lens for it, and I'm sorted!

Very impressed with it so far, but then again it is my first DSLR!

Andy

Back