Is it worth going 'Pro' on Flickr?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

A question for all Flickr users, is it worth going Pro? The ad free feature temps me as does the 1TB of storage and the desktop uploaded (not sure if that feature will work on Mac OSX?).

Not that I'm a tight ar$e but $49, is it worth it?

Thanks

Kinobe

I had a pro account but let it lapse last year. Not seen any ads yet. You already get 1tb storage with a free account.The only advantage I can see to a pro account is detailed stats.

Last edited:
Stopped having a pro account when that Melissa Meyer made all the stupid changes ,,I still don't see any ads and have over 6000 pics hosted ,so the answer is no stay on the free account .

Thanks for all the posts. Looks like I'll be sticking with my free account for a while :)

You do get a nice little 'PRO' box with your user name!

iirc if you share an album link you get an advert about every forth image

Hi all,

A question for all Flickr users, is it worth going Pro? The ad free feature temps me as does the 1TB of storage and the desktop uploaded (not sure if that feature will work on Mac OSX?).

Not that I'm a tight ar$e but $49, is it worth it?

Thanks

Kinobe

I've had a pro account for several years since I started photography. When I first started the pro account gave more storage but now the free accounts give 1TB I'm wondering if its worth it as it seems that its only stats that are additional.

I had to check the $49 cost you mentioned as my renewal its that. It turns out if you have been a pro members for a while you get to keep the original pricing, my renewal is either $24.95 for one year or $44.95 for 2 years. I'm really wondering if its worth keeping going, I have my website renewal soon too,

Flickr's reasons to go Pro aren't really convincing, it seems I would only benefit from stats as I wouldn't use any of the other benefits. Losing stats probably isn't the end of the world.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/flickr/SLN25499.html?impressions=true

Back