Is my hip too big?

Name
Tina
Edit My Images
Yes
This is a crop and when I took the image i only saw teh raindrop on the hip...but then I looked again...

Meant to click the critique thingy :confused: C&C most welcome

5051190020_baa927ec32_b.jpg

you sexy beast...i will hit you with my cobby knocker..;D

i think you have someone crawling up your...hip area

Nice shot Tina.

is it? really? why? what do you like about it?

Tina, is it a crop? it looks a bit soft, have you sharpened it up at all?

It's quite good as it is but I think it would be better if you reduced the exposure in PP a little, to give richer colours. It would also be a more interesting composition IMO if the hip and stalk were arranged on a diagonal - however in this instance the raindrop would look a bit odd as it seemed to defy gravity :).

It's a well spotted subject Tina and you've captured it well.

It may have been even better without flash - personally, and against popular opinion, I don't like electronic flash and I avoid using it unless it's completely necessary.

Tina - i think this is just too big a crop , showing lots of noise in the background and a loss of detail, the flash is also very harsh and you've lost the tones & details from the rosehip.

To help in the future try getting a flash diffuser like this

31RUwTDmwfL.jpg

Flash used to sell them on here - if not amazon sell them for about £5, When cropping try to keep an eye on when you start to lose detail - when you do you've gone to far. if your into closeup photography think about using some extension tubes or a raynox close up lens - these will help you fill the frame without cropping (y)

Agree with above, its a very good shot but the glare in the centre and on the waterdrop attract away from the features of the picture.

Very Nice overall though ;-)

I would have sharpened it up and took the exposure down a little to get deeper colours. And I would have taken it not horizontal but from righthand top corner to lefthand bottom corner. It would have made it a bit more interesting.

Back