Is my lens faulty?

When you took the lens back, did they swap it in front of you? Or did they take it "out the back to get a new one" and appear with said new one?

Don't suppose you noted the serial number before you went in the 1st time?

I thought it was 99% the body that caused back/front focus?

100000000% its not the same lens, he went to get another leaving the old one with me, no time was the old one out of sight.

100000000% its not the same lens, he went to get another leaving the old one with me, no time was the old one out of sight.

It is kinda odd though - can you try the lens on someone else's camera?
Have you tried a different lens since putting the offending lens on?

no other lens, I sold all other lenses !

Presumably as I didn't hear anything to my previous theory, it wasn't that..

Do you have any togging friends whose lenses you could try, or go to your local second hand camera shop like London Camera Exchange and try one of theirs to see if it is the body?

Presumably as I didn't hear anything to my previous theory, it wasn't that..

Do you have any togging friends whose lenses you could try, or go to your local second hand camera shop like London Camera Exchange and try one of theirs to see if it is the body?

No.....i don't know anyone who has Canon.

I had enough of this, going to get a refund and put to towards a Canon L glass.

ooh i was hungry and thought what should i eat... until your display picture, Raymond Lin, popped up, I decided to fetch ben & jerry's half baked :D lol

I had a similar problem, ended up asking the dude at Calumet (manc) to have a look, he adjusted a bolt inside (next to the sensor) with an allen key, It's better, but I'm still not happy with it.

Back