Is the canon 70-300mm is long enough for surfing shots?

Name
andy
Edit My Images
No
hi peeps, i ordered the canon 100-400 is, but because my funds have had a huge kick in the butt, ive had to bite the bullet and cancel the 100-400 is, so i have a budget of £600, i need a telephoto as im going away to newquay for the boardmasters surf comp and need somthing to shoot with, i sold my siggy 150-500mm a few months ago and now im stuck, ive been looking at the canon 70-300mm is usm everybody says its awesome????? also the siggy 120-400mm os????? Or do you guys have any other idea's for me, help apprieciated as i need to get this lens before sunday........:thinking:

Why not have a look at hiring one from lenses for hire http://www.lensesforhire.co.uk/index.asp

options could be

100-400
300 f4 + 1.4x
400 f5.6
300 f2.8 + converters
500mm + 1.4
120-300 2.8 sigma + converters

Gives you a little longer to save for the 100-400 or what ever you decide to buy.

Mark

Not meaning to be rude Andy, but you have posted this or very similar topics about 4 times over the past few weeks have you actually read through all the replies on the earlier threads about the very same lenses you mentioned, or just bump one of the other threads. It would probably be better to consolidate the threads and have all the info together in the one bit for you.

Tommy.

bump as I've closed the others

Reach is everything, right? And budget is strict? Unless you're hiring, any prime past 300mm is pretty much out of budget.

Consider either a secondhand Bigma or a Tamron 200-500 [Thanks, DelK]. For DoF, you'll be probably stopping down to f/8 anyway, and both those zooms post very good results at 500mm at f/8.

BTW, the Tamron is possibly the most underrated ultra-telezoom out there.

Back