Is the Canon EOS 7D update coming soon

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
Hi there,
I'm just getting slowly into digital photography and I'm thinking of buying a 7D to replace my ageing 350D. I've been doing a fair bit of research on the net before spending my pennies, there are a number of sites out there stating the 7D will very soon be updated. I'm aware as with all technology if you wait long enough a new model will come out but I don't want to spend my hard earned pennies only to find in a few months time there will be a new model out. Does anyone know if this is just the old rumour mill working overtime or is it actually true????
I'd appreciate any advice on this - I've probably just looked at a few sites giving dodgy info, the net will tell you anything if you look far enough. (y)

I thought it would be back in October still bought and still waiting for its replacement. Likely this year but who knows

Should be updated this year, rummer was 4th quarter of 2011, then 2nd quarter of 2012, now ...??

The price will be higher than the current 7D is now, I seem to remember it being £16-1700 when it was launched, so would think it maybe around this or poss higher depending on what they do (as per increase with 5D mkIII)

Jackwow said:
Give Canon a call, they should know. (y)

Lol. it's got to be due this year 7d was launched just after the 5d mk2. It's a bit difficult to know what they'll do with it

Think I might upgrade a couple of my lenses first and then hopefully something might be in the pipeline, thanks.

The 7D can be picked up new for approx £1000 now - used is obviously less than that in good nick.

The new one based on the current Canon prices could be as much as £2k, possibly dropping to £1600.

I waited when reading all the rumours but then I noticed its a waste of time and bought it regardless.

Buy a used 40D and whille away your time taking pictures while you wait.

Decent advice.

It takes months for prices of new cameras to settle down, so you'd be paying well over the odds if you bought a 7D MkII at launch.

Not knowing what glass you already have, quality glass is always a good investment what ever body you have.

One rumour site is saying no 7DII, only a big software update? if you believe these sites?

If you already have the glass I say get the 7D now it's a fantastic camera!

Back