Is the fat Lady singing?

Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
I've been using Opera for quite a few years, I just like the layout and the speed dial.

No so long ago, one out of two "banks" wouldn't let me past the home page and log on.
So I swapped to FF and no problem.

Another minor niggle I now can't add images to a FB album ( the last couple of weeks) while logged on via Opera.
So I switched to FF, again, no problem,

Does anyone know if the fat lady is singing and the curtain is about to fall?

Vanessa Felch squawking?

I'm using FF and Opera and don't notice any problems when I use Opera ... Version:62.0.3331.107

don't notice any problems when I use Opera ... Version:62.0.3331.107
I'm not sure what version mine is but I tried to updated it today, and it told me I was already running the latest version.
BTW These are the only 2 problems I've hit ( so far)

Does anyone know if the fat lady is singing and the curtain is about to fall?
She seems to stagger on and on. Opera isn't a bad product but they don't seem to have the resources to test it against every case and so there are occassional pages that the big 3 are happy with but Opera simply won't allow on the stage. It's a pity because in many ways it's a pleasant browser to use.

I'm also an Opera user and have been having similar issues (one of which is also banking). Nothing serious, just here & there. Same version as Gramps. Am thinking about switching, but to what I don't know. Don't want Chrome or the MS version, and I've never got on with Firefox.
Anyway - it's not just you.

I used to use Opera and paid for it (optional) back when it started and ‘invented’ many features that are now standard in most browsers, never got on with their M3 email client. Not really used it since it went to China.
Any love for Vivaldi produced by one of the original Opera founders?

Why isn't everybody using Chrome?

Opera isn't a bad product but they don't seem to have the resources to test it against every case
Its only just started happening "Recently" I''m guessing the bank one started about the time they tightened up their security
I've never got on with Firefox.
Anyway - it's not just you.
Glad its not just me, have you looked at FF lately? I never used to like it, but its a lot better now.
I still prefer it as a "back up" though rather than my "go to" service
Any love for Vivaldi produced by one of the original Opera founders?
Never heard of it, but I'll take a look (y)
Because its horrible? far too intrusive. I was always a fan of it, until a couple or 3 years ago.
No, I don't want to Sync everything.

Why not try Brave browser?
Not heard of that either. Another one to check out (y)

Did you have Opera's built in VPN turned on?

I have noticed a similar problem accessing certain sites when it is on.

Did you have Opera's built in VPN turned on?
No.
The "bank" actually lists out the recommended browsers and Opera isn't there.
Off the top of my head it was something like FF IE Chrome

I like both Vivalidi and Brave as browsers, but tend to use FF because it's the one I've set up extensions/plugins for to block ads, download videos etc.

It has the most un-attractive interface and google already have enough of my data without spying effortlessly on everything I do. I would rather use edge/internet exploder than chrome.

You don’t say what OS (so I expect Windows) but there is also DuckDuckGo privacy browser (on iOS at least). I fancy the name may appeal to you ;) , it’s a no-tracking search engine too.

You don’t say what OS (so I expect Windows) but there is also DuckDuckGo
Yep you got it, W7 I tried duck duck awhile back, TBH I couldn't get on with it though.

I like both Vivalidi and Brave as browsers, but tend to use FF because it's the one I've set up extensions/plugins for to block ads, download videos etc.

It has the most un-attractive interface and google already have enough of my data without spying effortlessly on everything I do. I would rather use edge/internet exploder than chrome.
Your happy microsoft having it?

Sometime these problems are just temporary and I assume due to something at the other end. Personally I keep all the above mentioned browsers installed and if there is a problem just try another one.
I’ve also in the past found them useful for multiple voting in these stupid online political polls that newspapers like to organise, it’s often quicker than the other multiple voting methods I can do. I’m sure experts know how to multiple vote automatically.

No great fan of MS but your information is not the base of their business model unlike Google or Facebook etc.

No great fan of MS but your information is not the base of their business model unlike Google or Facebook etc.
Quite quaint that you think you can avoid it.

I believe Microsoft to be less malign than google (though far from an 'ideal' organisation). Yes, google will get my data, but they might at least work for it before they sell it to advertisers or goverments - and Chrome is smacked 4rse ugly and simply unpleasant to use.

If you're on win10. Microsoft have it. Android google
Mac apple. Pick your poison.

I use Opera in almost all my VMs (even XP) as my first choice with FF as the second and in general have no problems.

Very occasionally my bank (Santander) will require me to answer a security question, but that only happens occasionally and is usually due to the VPN I use (not the built in Opera one).

I use Opera in almost all my VMs (even XP) as my first choice with FF as the second and in general have no problems.

Very occasionally my bank (Santander) will require me to answer a security question, but that only happens occasionally and is usually due to the VPN I use (not the built in Opera one).
Santander does that to me too from time to time even without my changing anything. Not a VM just Mac or iPad in Safari. Maybe they do random checks?

Santander does that to me too from time to time even without my changing anything. Not a VM just Mac or iPad in Safari. Maybe they do random checks?

Could be but they could also be doing some form of fingerprinting to catch subtle changes.

I don't really care as long as it keeps my bank account safer.

Weird, that bank I'm talking about is Nat west.
The other, a high street supermarket, is fine with Opera.
Although they will often text me a "code" during login in. (I have no problem with that (y) )

Back