Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No

Twice today I found myself pondering on this very fact

As I approached a mini roundabout the GTI emerged quickly from my left and turned right
causing me to brake sharply. As the car pulled level to me I just looked at the driver who then judging by her attitude
and gestures firmly believed that it was my fault.
I profusely apologised for not reading the new EU directive that says we no longer
should give way on roundabouts to vehicles coming from our right but just pull out and they will stop.

The second I was approaching a parked car on my offside ( right) and an approaching Golf
was (or appeared to be) stopping behind it.
as I got within a few feet I guess he had a brain fart and decided that it was his right of way after all
Forcing me off the road, I managed to "stick" my tail out enough to inconvenience him.
And judging by his attitude and language, I was clearly in the wrong.

For the second time today I found myself apologising To a Golf driver.
I had ( wrongly it seems) assumed that when the highway code notes that you should give way to an on coming vehicle
when there is an obstruction in the road, it meant on "your side".
Obviously it doesn't mean that. it must therefore mean when its on your off side.

So just a little note to all you good folks out there that hadn't realised these recent changes in the highway code
Via some EU directive or other be careful out there. (y)

I was cut up today in MK by both an Audi A3 and a Renault Clio :shrug:

Yes but you drive a BMW Joe that makes you fair game surely :shrug: :D
I actually find it tends to be the smaller cars in this area that are the pain in the ass

Well i wasnt out in my Golf GTi today so it wasnt me :)

Well one was a female Ian so that reduced the possibillity of it being you by 50% straight off..... unless there is something you want to tell me? :D

They all pale into insignificance compared to Passat drivers. I'm not sure what it is with 'em but they are the devil incarnate! ;)

some tw@ in a 206 decided it was a good idea to tailgate me in a queue of traffic today..... right up to the point I dropped the anchor and he got all out of shape behind me ;)

I really can't see the point of tailgateing at the best of times, much less in rush hour traffic on the A1 :bonk:

Had the same, some jerk in a 206 trying to get in my boot, tapped the brake lights and he ended up in the embankment. ****!! :D

:clap: Nice work, I hate tailgaiters :razz:

Me too, makes me bloody furious.
I can never understand how the hell they manage to drive 1" off your boot, if I tried it I would either crash or get so stressed trying:bang::bang:
Makes you wonder why they bother:shrug:

Can i defend the long tarnished name of BMW drivers by saying my other half always mentions how i let everyone out all the time :)

My worst enemy are "taxi spec" cars - you know, the ones without indicators fitted. Oh, and people that don't say thank you for letting them out/past they boil my **** :bat:

I was tailgated at worryingly close quarters twice this morning - a woman each time as it happens , but it's just as often a guy. It's often tempting to think it's would- be racers doing this and sometimes it is, but both these women had totally blank 'just got out of bed' expressions with no idea at all of the situation they were putting in themselves in if I had to brake even moderately hard.

I used all 200bhp from the lights a couple of times to break the string, up to the legal limit, then watched the gap closing in no time flat - and glued to my bumper again.

Scarey!

Tailgating is truly the most heinous driving sin, makes my blood boil. 'Brake Testing' them is always good for a laugh! :naughty:

My own personal pet hate though is people (usually in old Nova's) who drive with foglights on... when it's NOT FOGGY! :annoyed:

I heard of one tailgater that won't be doing it again
A coach driver was telling me that this "guy" had been tailgating him for awhile
The coach driver braked hard because of an incident occurring in front of him,
obviously the nose of the coach went down under braking the rear lifted
The following car braked hard obviously his nose went down under harsh braking.
The coach driver felt a slight bump and got out to investigate. The car driver hadn't braked quite hard enough
and the tail of the coach was sitting on the cars bonnet :D
The car driver was just sitting there so the coach driver opened his door to check he was OK
There was a terrible smell appparently from inside the car ......yep the driver had crapped himself :D

I brake tested somebody once, many years ago, and it caused an accident. The guy swerved to miss me (although I hadn't actually slowed down) and took out another car on the inside of me... I won't do it again - I felt really sorry for the woman in the Renault that got hit :nono: (He was in a 3 series though...)

So now, one of my washer jets is set to fire over the car and land on the tailgaters windscreen, it really annoys them :LOL:

I remember my Dad stopping on a very steep hill, getting out and opening the boot of his old Austin Cambridge, he then walked over the guy tailgating and asked if he wanted to get in. That was about 35 years ago and it still makes me smile when I think of it....

Steve

So now, one of my washer jets is set to fire over the car and land on the tailgaters windscreen, it really annoys them :LOL:

Now that I like! I have visions of setting up an extra jet at the back of my car filled with something horrid to spray at them :LOL:

Back