Is there any essentails that are needed in a camera bag?

You've all missed the most important and thats Wet wipes or bog roll trust me VERY important , bin liner and small roll of gaffer tape are also handy
yours gwh

A poncho and a voice recorder!

I reckon you will need a gym membership and heavy goods license to carry all that stuff :LOL: :LOL:

Only things I call essential are camera (with battery), lens, a couple of cards and a fully charged mobile - after that its not essential :D

Waterproof socks.

Many a time i've been out and ended up getting wet feet. Makes the rest of the day unbearable.

I use a set when i'm on my mountain bike, and i was walking through puddles ysterday which were over the tops of my shoes, feet stayed dry!

Now that's a great tool, not just for photography, but can be very useful for garden & house-work (y)

Would you mind telling where you got them for £2!

Thanks

Out the cash and carry about a year ago - I think it was either £1.50 plus vat or £2.50 plus vat for a pair

bin liner and small roll of gaffer tape are also handy

What are you, a photographer or a serial killer? :cautious: :police:

Flash,

Thanks, I will look for these .. very useful :)

Matt,
I'd suggest food, water etc. If its a landscape your going to then there wont be any mcdonalds on the way :(

I also carry my cleaning rocket blower as well as a cloth, You would probally take this as standard kit, but its worth pointing it out.

Matt,
I'd suggest food, water etc. If its a landscape your going to then there wont be any mcdonalds on the way :(

I also carry my cleaning rocket blower as well as a cloth, You would probally take this as standard kit, but its worth pointing it out.

Yeah, I always take an energy drink with me but I always forget food and end up wasting my money on chips from cafes etc. I will deffo take more food :D

No one has mentioned a grey card for metering....

I also have small laminated DoF tables I made up from the on line DoF calculator using excel for the focal lengths I use for my camera. Very useful as a ref...

Mini tripod... I have an ultrapod II... fab wee device...

Mark

I also have small laminated DoF tables I made up from the on line DoF calculator using excel for the focal lengths I use for my camera. Very useful as a ref...

iphone :D

in fact, i'd add that as an essential... i use mine, more than i think. I even read TP if bored waiting for clouds to move, or light to come, etc :)

Do you guys really lug all this stuff about with you?...............:eek:

iphone :D

in fact, i'd add that as an essential... i use mine, more than i think. I even read TP if bored waiting for clouds to move, or light to come, etc :)

Im on Orange... so no Iphone for me... Im a bit of a technophobe with gadgets anyway... find I buy them and never use them... the best example is a electronic diary type thing... give me a paper and pen one anyday!

M

Do you guys really lug all this stuff about with you?...............:eek:

It depends what im doing... I pick my kit accordingly... however if im going away for a proper photo day or weekend and I have the car it all goes...

An old friend always said to me... Its better to be looking at something than for it!

When you are faced with a shot in somewhere remote and you really could have done with something you decided not to bring... that is when you will start to lug more... because when you get home and look at the result without say that warm up...

Some of us have the room because our lenses don't resemble a tanks gun barrel! ;)

It suits my current photographic interests......:LOL:

It depends what im doing... I pick my kit accordingly... however if im going away for a proper photo day or weekend and I have the car it all goes...

An old friend always said to me... Its better to be looking at something than for it!

When you are faced with a shot in somewhere remote and you really could have done with something you decided not to bring... that is when you will start to lug more... because when you get home and look at the result without say that warm up...

Guess so.I tend to have it all in the car, but cherry pick what I think i`m gonna use.I do occasionally get the "Dammit" moments......:)

Another big vote for looroll or paper tissues - you never know when you might need them..... or what for....;)

Frusli bars. I never go out without them!

Whistle, in case of emergencies. (Note to self - must get another one....:naughty:)

Supermarket plastic bag.

OS 1:25000 map for exact routefinding.

I think everything in my bag has been covered apart from:
Mini USB cable incase I need to download pictures for anything and silica sachets gel to make sure my bag isn't damp.

Just a quick note on spirit levels - before you rely on them, check them against a known and trusted level. I've got 4 and while 2 of them agree, only one of them is actually right when it says the camera's level! I now use a Seculine digital one and that IS accurate in both planes - a bit more expensive than a bubble level but can be used handheld as well as tripod mounted.

You come into some money Matt, buying all this stuff?

I've have a remote flash trigger please. Preferably not an infra red one. Another 5d would be nice too.

Back