Is there much in it

Name
Mark Molloy
Edit My Images
Yes
I currently have a Nikon D4S and a D850 but keep wondering if the D5 is much better than the D4S. Im mainly looking at high iso and not fps etc. What other areas does the D5 perform much better than the D4S? I know there are charts etc but prefer real people to show images or give their opinion.

I am not a Nikon user but when I gave the D5 a try the AF was better than the D4 and D4s cameras that I have tried. I cannot speak for the ISO performance as I was only looking at the AF as I had been disappointed with the D4 series AF performance on Nikon SuperTeles.

Sorry not much help but I haven't really delved too deeply into the Nikon system.

I currently have a Nikon D4S and a D850 but keep wondering if the D5 is much better than the D4S. Im mainly looking at high iso and not fps etc. What other areas does the D5 perform much better than the D4S? I know there are charts etc but prefer real people to show images or give their opinion.

I read somewhere that the D3s is still the best for high ISO in real world usage, something to do with saturation of one of the colour channels (also the D3s was the last Nikon to have the lovely 'old' colours with less red saturation).

I'm not sure how much credence there is in that but thought I'd mention it...

Back