Is there space for a "All lens owners thread" in here somewhere?

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
No
At the top of this list is the sticky for the camera body threads, but I have seen other forums with threads for specific lenses, and I can't find anything on TP.

I really like looking at pictures taken by lenses that I am looking to buy, before I shell out the money, and wondered if a mod could set up something similar to the body thread, but for lenses instead.

Users could post pictures taken with that particular lens, in that particular thread, to let others see the results.

It might be on TP somewhere already, but several searches have drawn a blank for me, and I think it is something that would benefit the community.

What do you think?

I like this idea too. The TP community are so creative and it would be an easy reference point for people considering a certain lens purchase.

there is a Canon forum on the net, has those sort of threads (Canon and other makes, like Tamron, Sigma etc) if you have a search for it.

POTN forum for Canon and Nikon Cafe already have a massive database for this.

I love this forum but I think there's a lot that could be learned from photography-on-the-net or POTN. It's got a lot more information, although off course there are a lot more members. For instance their lens sample threads are quite interesting....

Last edited:
fatphotographer said:
Exactly! all the suggestions here relate to leaving the forum to find better information somewhere else - why not improve this forum and have the information here?

That's what I was getting at rather than naming the other forums that we know do these threads. it would save me leaving the forum to see what shots are new with a lens I particularly like. some of the shots are really inspirational.

That's what I was getting at rather than naming the other forums that we know do these threads. it would save me leaving the forum to see what shots are new with a lens I particularly like. some of the shots are really inspirational.

Agreed, sorry, my post wasn't aimed at you.

If the general feeling is "go somewhere else because they already do it" why bother logging in here?

One of the main attractions of TP is that it isn't Brand Racist, and that creativity can be explored regardless of the name on the camera. It is a good resource, but I think it could be a little bit better.........

I love this forum but I think there's a lot that could be learned from photography-on-the-net or POTN. It's got a lot more information, although off course there are a lot more members. For instance their lens sample threads are quite interesting....
My point again. Comparing shots side by side from a particular lens is something that this forum is lacking. POTN does have more, but anything other than Conon is frowned upon, so why not build up a bit more of a reference here?

The difference between POTN having the info an TP not having it, is having somewhere to put it on here......

Back