Is there such a thing as.....

Name
Jackie
Edit My Images
Yes
.... a camera case/box on wheels?

Me and my father are both into photography and bird watching. Over the years, between us, we've accummulated quite a lot of gear (field scopes, DSLRs, tripods etc). However, we both suffer from poor health and are finding it increasing difficult to cart it all about. Does anyone know if there is a sturdy box/case on wheels that would fit everything in and be easy to manage?

I've searched the web and various camera literature but as yet haven't found anything suitable. There must be others in the same boat...lol.

Thanks in advance. :)

Most flight case manufacturers could build one to roder, or most of the bag companies (Tamrac, Lowepro, Kata) make large rolling cases.

or most of the bag companies (Tamrac, Lowepro, Kata) make large rolling cases.

I investigated these for my wedding kit before buying the one from Calumet. Takes 2 DSLR's, batteries, cards, 8 lenses and is expandable even more for clothing etc should you need it. And it's not so big that I can't pick it up! (I'm only 5'4")

It was £100, which is less than 1/2 the price of the Kata.

Peli and Calumet do their own range of hard cases too :)

For smoothish surfaces there's all sorts of luggage with small inline skate wheels. Use a plastic storage bin inside for your gear.

For cross-country use, you could use a fishing trolley/barrow.

Lowepro do rolling ones:

Pro Roller Mini, 1, 2 or 3 and Rolling CompuTrekker Plus AW

As for hard cases:

Omni Trekker & Trekker Extreme,
Omni Pro & Pro Extreme,
Omni Traveler & Travelor Extreme,
Omni Sport & Sport Extreme

Hope this is of some help :) (y)

Thank you for the help everyone - it's much appreciated. I'll go and have a look at those you have all recommended.

I have Peli & Storm cases and prefer the Storm ones. The Peli 1510 has wheels and there is a Storm one similar in size with wheels. Have a look on the galeforcecases.co.uk website.

Hope this helps

Chris :)

The Feisol photocart looks the part and so far looks the most suitable. Typically it's the most expensive but I suppose when you think what it will be carrying it doesn't matter so much.

Thanks again for all your help and advice.

I investigated these for my wedding kit before buying the one from Calumet. Takes 2 DSLR's, batteries, cards, 8 lenses and is expandable even more for clothing etc should you need it. And it's not so big that I can't pick it up! (I'm only 5'4")

It was £100, which is less than 1/2 the price of the Kata.

Peli and Calumet do their own range of hard cases too :)

Sounds like a real steal there Ali :)

I'm still racking my brain trying to think of the company we use at work to build all our flightcases as they build to your own specification. We've had cases small enough for a few microphones up to rolling cases for amplifier racks, up to a huge one for a xylophone, and I know they build bigger than that too! They also not too expensive and of course are rock hard. No use for lots of mobility, but for lugging large amounts of kit they're ace.

UPDATE: We got a Feisol photocart in the end. We used it today and it was great - so much easier. The only snag is it's a bit of a faff to load it but I'm sure that'll come with practice.

Thanks again for everyone's help. :clap:

Back