Is this processing a bit (or a lot) OTT?

Name
April 2008
Edit My Images
No
I'd love to get into landscapes properly. I think it's my kind of thing. They move at a pace I can handle - ie: they don't move at all! :LOL:

But what do you do when the sky is crap and flat!? This was pretty much boring flat grey with little detail. This has livened it up, but is it too much?

Click to view Biggr on Flickr!

My own view is that the PP here is fine. I suppose if I had a complaint it would be that there is a lack of "something". Don't know what - but "something" needs to be either in the foreground or background to add interest. A person, a dog, a lighthouse, whatever....

My own view is that the PP here is fine. I suppose if I had a complaint it would be that there is a lack of "something". Don't know what - but "something" needs to be either in the foreground or background to add interest. A person, a dog, a lighthouse, whatever....

I agree, don't know what it is though - perhaps just need 'warmed' up a little?

Did you consider cropping the sky out altogether (well almost) so you just had shore, river and mountain?

Not too bad but the images lends itself to being slightly washed out but I would guess looking at the sky that was the state of the conditions at the time. All you work seem to look fine to me Lee I might just add ;)

I suppose if I had a complaint it would be that there is a lack of "something".

I agree completely. It's the pp and in particular the sky that I am unsure of. The shot itself was taken at Robin Hoods Bay with the family, so it was a case of grabbing something in between looking for crabs and saying "of course you can have chips later". :LOL: I definitely didn't want people, or god forbid, a bloody mutt in the shot though. Why ruin some lovely textured pebbles with a human?

All you work seem to look fine to me Lee I might just add ;)

Thanks Alby, nice of you to say. I'm very unsure of things though. Like should I even be attempting landscapes in these conditions. I think, I'm just experimenting to try and work out what works when and what doesn't. So that hopefully one day I can go to a place regardless of location or conditions and come away with the best I possibly can.

Did you consider cropping the sky out altogether (well almost) so you just had shore, river and mountain?

I have to say I didn't. And I'm not sure what it would look like. Will give it a whirl though. (y)

Back