Trev
Edit My Images
Yes
- Canon EOS 350D Digital SLR Camera Body
- Canon EF 28-80mm F4-5.6 MK II Autofocus Zoom Lens
- Canon 90-300mm Autofocus Zoom Lens

£350... am about to buy it :cautious::shrug:

my uneducated thoughts:

the 28-80 is probably the kit lens from film days, I got one with the 500N in 1999, can be quite soft and it was so bad I took it back to the dealers (£50 investigation fee and 3-4 weeks sir), eventually bought a 28-105 to replace it. The current 18-55 lens in the 400D kit is superb by comparison.
90-300 probably from similar twin zoom film kit, probably 10 years old? there were some poor lenses around then, some good too, but ?

sounds like someone is clearing out old kit lenses to make the sale look better.

I'd be cautious the price doesnt sound good considering new is almost that and the 28-80won't be very wide on a 1.6 crop sensor

hmmm looks great but I cant go over £350 quid and really need a good zoom lens as I mainly shoot sports.. arrgghhhhhh im so in a mess lol.
Should I go for a nikon? awwwwwwwwwwwwwww

my old 75-300 kit lens has been a cracking bit of kit, its a bit soft beyond 200 but quite good images around 90-120. Some of these old long zoom kit lenses would be great to build up kit for a new starter on a tight budget, if they are picked up cheap, but you've got to be looking £50-60 ish or brand new lenses with warranty will become more attractive

cheers for all you time Wookie :)
But im still trawling through ebay trying to find a great deal on my budget but to no avail lol.
Maybe im expecting too much?
Should just buy the kit you suggested and save for larger lens?

no, I've got it wrong, the 90-300 is listed as current on camerapricebuster at £140, that ones probably not 10 years old then, probably recent, not seeing reviews anywhere though, f4.5 -5.6 ??

I'd suggest stretching a few more £ and get a new 400D with 18-55 kit for £350 and then get a 2nd hand ex-kit XX-300 zoom for under £100. Have a look on ebay at the 75-300 prices (don't expect to get IS) but also check elsewhere (2nd hand dealers etc, you may be lucky with one offering an older kit lens out relatively cheap, or an equivalent sigma or tamron)

what's kerso's price on new cameras?

My opinion is that buying to price is not always a good idea....assess your needs.

Have you handled these cameras in shop? or are you just looking for a dslr for your price?

I seriously recommend having a play in shop..

My opinion is that buying to price is not always a good idea....assess your needs.

Have you handled these cameras in shop? or are you just looking for a dslr for your price?

I seriously recommend having a play in shop..

I havent handled any cameras in shop... and yes im buying to price really.
I know it's probably a bad idea.. but thats why im asking for advice on here.
My needs... Im tired of my s9600 and require better quality on my sports images without forking out loads :eek:

I think you could get a SH 350D with kit lens and then a new Tamron/Sigma 70-300 for under 350....

take your time, do your homework, or it'll be an expensive mistake.

Thats a good plan. Have you looked at MPB photographic? I just had a qucik look they have a 20D which is a much bigger, better feel camera ( only my view) than the 350, i guarantee the item is described perfectly and there is a lens that 'may' be suitable for you. This comes to just over 350 but you may be able to haggle!?

Welllllllll..... i've gone and done it...
Bought a Canon 350D with lens.. all leads, uv filter.. batteries etc etc.. £195
And a 300mm Sigma for £89....

You know.... I always thought my 1st DSLR would be a Nikon??

Back