Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
Rishi Sunak
Vice President Kamala Harris
Elon Musk.
And many other dignitaries from around the world are set attend the
first-ever Artificial Intelligence Safety Summit is taking place at Bletchley park this week, attracting some global names to the area.
Tech giants, world leaders and universities are all set to be represented during the two-day event.
One of many sources

Locally, its causing a lot of disruption to those living close to the venue

We've been "2 to 3 years away" from useful AI for as long as I can remember. It's here now and since nobody expected it, we are unprepared. I think we're heading for a period where t becomes a very useful tool to what Infosec like to call "bad actors". And that's before it becomes a bad actor itself.

BTW this is so far the scariest AI report I've seen

TL;DR: an AI decided the best way to pass a Captcha test was to convince a human to do it for them.

There's a link to the tech journal in that article with lots more background. Very interesting read - it gets scary around page 55.

Rishi Sunak
Vice President Kamala Harris
Elon Musk.
And many other dignitaries from around the world are set attend the
first-ever Artificial Intelligence Safety Summit is taking place at Bletchley park this week, attracting some global names to the area.
Tech giants, world leaders and universities are all set to be represented during the two-day event.
One of many sources

Locally, its causing a lot of disruption to those living close to the venue

Well if Elon is going it’s gonna be a s***storm of toxicity, buzzwords and bs timeframes as per normal :p

Step 1 invite the richest man in the world by promising him a platform for his massive ego
Step 2 invite a load of other politicians who will come because the richest man in the world is there and they want a few crumbs off the table
Step 3 try to spin it to make Rishi look like a global statesman amid the s*** soaked wreckage of the country that he and his government have given up on

Step 4 everyone shakes their heads and wanders off

Step 1 invite the richest man in the world by promising him a platform for his massive ego
Step 2 invite a load of other politicians who will come because the richest man in the world is there and they want a few crumbs off the table
Step 3 try to spin it to make Rishi look like a global statesman amid the s*** soaked wreckage of the country that he and his government have given up on

Step 4 everyone shakes their heads and wanders off

You nailed it 100%

I mean, there just a chance that skynet is getting a bunch of "major players" in one place ready for a "gas explosion".....

And also that it was confused by the criteria for "major players".

AI is going to be absolutely huge , it is already getting built up in the background.
The scale of how it will be applied is just mind boggling.

I read an article about how call/service centres are going to be converted almost entirely to AI in the next 10 years.
No staff just talking to a clever computer and you wont even tell the difference.

AI is going to be absolutely huge , it is already getting built up in the background.

I read an article about how call/service centres are going to be converted almost entirely to AI in the next 10 years.
No staff just talking to a clever computer and you wont even tell the difference.

Blimey! Will it have an Indian accent? :oops: :$

The only thing is disagree with is the tense.

Octopus did a trial in may where they got ai to answer emails instead of staff. The approval rating from customers went up significantly.

Many of the "people" you interact with right now aren't people at all.

I think it will have its place. After all it can do things we can't. Particularly with regards to the medical profession. If we can continue to use it as a tool, all well and good. But that's the trick, isn't it? We have to be very careful.

Blimey! Will it have an Indian accent? :oops: :$

wow thats a bit roy from preston isnt it?
but to answer your question for a machine accent and language will not be an issue it will talk to you in a north Yorkshire accent
if that is where you are from as the thing with AI is it will use that as a discrete advantage, you will not even realise it

I think it will have its place. After all it can do things we can't. Particularly with regards to the medical profession. If we can continue to use it as a tool, all well and good. But that's the trick, isn't it? We have to be very careful.

To be fair mate it is everywhere already as has been said the difference is you just don't see it at work.
to say it has its place just goes to show how in the dark the public is
companies as has been said above are using AI to answer emails from customers all day long
the medical side is a good one , already AI is scanning xrays and MRI scans building up a massive database so it can then make accurate assesments.

The other side is of course MONEY

once these AI systems are fully developed which at the moment is expensive but code sharing on the internet and between big companies
is making them much leaner and far faster to learn they are already "self learning" they will just replace all humans who simply work on the phone doing "brain" work

humans are expensive , they dont work 24 hours they need desks, chairs, heating, lighting, pensions, health care.

All these services will soon just be in a data centre

Last edited:
To be fair mate it is everywhere already as has been said the difference is you just don't see it at work.
to say it has its place just goes to show how in the dark the public is
companies as has been said above are using AI to answer emails from customers all day long
the medical side is a good one , already AI is scanning xrays and MRI scans building up a massive database so it can then make accurate assesments.

The other side is of course MONEY

once these AI systems are fully developed which at the moment is expensive but code sharing on the internet and between big companies
is making them much leaner and far faster to learn they are already "self learning" they will just replace all humans who simply work on the phone doing "brain" work

humans are expensive , they dont work 24 hours they need desks, chairs, heating, lighting, pensions, health care.

All these services will soon just be in a data centre
AI is evolving and expanding rapidly, and it's essential to ensure that its deployment benefits society as a whole. Balancing the potential for automation with the preservation of human work and addressing ethical considerations are critical aspects of this ongoing transformation.

At least, that's what ChatGPT said when I shared your thoughts. Personally I use AI every day.

Back