Is this worth anything?

Edit My Images
No
I doubt it is but i suppose it would help to know.
I found this in my nans attic when she let me loose up there and it does interest me but i dont know anything about it really except that it was introduced in 1946 and production ended in 1957!
I have no idea how it works or even if it does work!
its not in the best of nick to be fair, the paint has chipped off and it is very dusty!

you can see from the pictures that it is a kodak brownie six-20 camera Model D.

Just interested in any info on it and if it is worth anything

DSC01183.jpg

DSC01182.jpg

DSC01179.jpg

Doesn't seem to be worth much, just checked on E-bay and even with buy it now for a couple of quid, they are not selling.

There was a brownie in a local charity shop near me the other day. the old lady wanted £2 for it!! was gonna get it, but it Like yours was full of dust, and decided against it..

Why don't you do some research on it, cleaning and film type etc. And have some fun with it?

its not my cup of tea to be fair although i dont know if i could sell it anyway just because my late grandad bought it, I was just curious!

Cleaning is easy enough, brush and puffer, film could be more of a problem, I have a sneaky suspicion it's 620 roll film (I could be wrong though) and I think thats pretty hard to find.
If it is I believe it's possible to respool 120 roll if you have the reels, although I suspect it'll be a fiddly job.

My Grandmother used to give me her cast-off cameras to play with, and by the age of about 10 I'd actually got some money and the gumption to ask at Boots for a film for a Brownie like that, and also had the sense to realise after just one or two films that it wasn't worth the effort.

If it were in mint condition with case box and instruction and the original receipt. I expect a collector would take it off your hands.
as it is it will probably follow a few million others to land fill.
If you are into pinhole photography, you could take the lens out and convert it with a foil pinhole. Easier than making one from scratch.

i have a mint boxed brownie 6-20 model c....it's worth about £20, i also have 17 of model d in varying styles...model d in that sort of condition...no more than 2 or 3 quid i'm afraid. if it had the american red art deco style front then you could be in the money ! i've seen one fetch 7 quid :eek:

Back