Is this worth it?

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
Hi all

At the moment I have a canon 40d and for landscape I been taking pictures with my 17 - 40 L Lens..

Someone told me while I was out yesterday taking pictures I be better off getting a canon ef-s 10 - 22 for take nice landscape. And sell my 17 - 40 L..

Will the 10 - 22 take pictures very nice and sharp like my 17 - 40 L?

Cheers

Hi all

At the moment I have a canon 40d and for landscape I been taking pictures with my 17 - 40 L Lens..

Someone told me while I was out yesterday taking pictures I be better off getting a canon ef-s 10 - 22 for take nice landscape. And sell my 17 - 40 L..

Will the 10 - 22 take pictures very nice and sharp like my 17 - 40 L?

Cheers

The 17-40L is a superb lens for general use, and I don't honestly think that a 10-20 will take better pictures. What it will do, is take a pic that has a much wider perspective.

Personally, if I was in your position, and could only have the one lens, I'd stick with the 17-40. It's a much more useful lens, and 17mm is usually quite wide enough for general landscape work. If you bought the 10-20, I'd like to bet that most of your pics would be taken near the 20mm end.

Only you can answer that question depending on the style of photos you want. I love my 10-22 but it is wide, too wide sometimes. If the question was should I buy a 10-22 I'd say 'yes' without pause. But to sell your 17-40 to do it, hmm, if i were me I'd stick with the 17-40, and save your pennies untilyou can afford to get both.

Let me tell you now most of my shoots now on my L are taken at between 17 - 20 now and sometime I just wish i could go wider at some times but not alot of the time. That one thing Putting me off getting the 10 - 22 as sometime I may need that extra length...

I would do both if I had the money think we all would ha ha.

lol, well I did say you could save up. Just a thought, maybe you could hire a 10-22 and see if it the way you want to go.

Yeah I may go and see if I can find someone who i can try out a 10 - 22 with then decide from there as i want a Long Lens too got Photography is a expensive hobby LOL

Back