is this worth rescuing?

Name
paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, still going through my shots from eastourne and later beachy head and this was a last shot before going home due to the wife moaning about being bored and there was me having the time of my life at a proper landscape location. Always hard shooting toward the sun but was happy with this mainly due to lead in lines and the gorgeous sunset. Have cheated by lowing the brightness of the sky and adding a photo filter in pp but that is all. Is there anything else i can do to bring it alive or is it one of them shots that best left and forgotten?

eastb10 by woody174, on Flickr

I like the colour cast that is on it, the orange sky works well with the green grass and gives the image atmosphere. You could perhaps try cropping off the fence before the first post??

Thanks Ian fir your input will have a go at that crop to see if it improves things.

It's lovely!

(I'd love to take a crack at it..:LOL: )

Viv thanks for input, it's all yours to crack. Can send you the raw file if you want? Would love to see what a professional can do. I'm rubbish but learning pp. Let me know.

Agree, cracking shot. Why not upload the raw file (if possible) and let everyone have a go at some pp and give the settings used etc? Just for some fun, nothing serious! ;-)

Don't crop it, you'll deaden it, the fence needs to be kept long.

The tonal range looks a bit weak - not that I advocate gaudy pictures - how does the picture correlate with what was actually there? (you have memories of it, we don't).

As for your wife, you'll just have to tell her to stay at home or bring her knitting. You're a photographer, aren't you? Priorities! (Said in jest.)

Back