Is Your Amazon Prime Ruined By Hermes?

the thing is how do you get complaints when it's not possible to speak to anybody at the company.
Our driver is a woman and she is bloody useless. Parcels are just dumped on the doorstep, whe can't even be bothered to press the doorbell button.

The other day I had to return something to Amazon so they arrange a collection with Herpes. On the first collection day nobody turned up so we re-arranged it with Amazon. Again, on the collection day I checked the tracking and they had provided a two hour time slot for the collection. During that entire two hours, my wife was in the living room right next to the front door and I was upstairs, no collection was attempted and yet the tracking updated to say they had tried to collect but nobody was in.

I got hold of Amazon again and this time they said they had cancelled Herpes and arranged the collection with Arrow. The following day this dim wit rings the doorbell. Again I was upstairs and immediately got up from my chair and made my way down stairs. By the time I'd reached the bottom of the stairs a card was thrust through the letter box and she was off.

I opened the door and shouted to her so she reluctantly returned. I asked here what she wanted (acting dumb) so she told me she had a collection. So I confronted her about the day before. No comment, she just left.

Can I complain? No chance.
Each driver now has 10% of their photos checked each week. If they do no do their job they get sacked, I know of a number that have lost their jobs. Hermes have new owners and they are changing things. You have a bad person on your round but thats not to say they are all bad. At my house the Hermes lady always ring the bell but the Amazon person just leaves the parcel by the wrong door by the road every time. One chap did call me Herpes when delivering to his house. I explained to him I had lost everything, my business and all of my income from photography which I had done for 21 years. So instead of sitting at home moaning on forums and claiming benefits, I got off my backside and got a job. This was to feed my children and pay my bills. It may have been a low skilled job but for the 14 months that I had to do it, I did it to the best of my ability. I delivered well over 30,000 parcels and only two complaints. Both sorted the next day and both due to incorrect addresses . If you want to complain get the app, even a dim wit can do that :)

Unusually it seems from this thread I have no issue with Hermes - Ive not had any more issues with their delivery than any other courier. I also use them to send goods out (mainly cause theres a drop-off about 50 m down the road) I've only had one issue with stuff I've sent but that was cause the tracking didn't update rather than a failed delivery

I do think its a lot to do with the quality of the local drivers
I'm sure that adds to it as I've had a couple of good ones, but mostly it's their [insert expletive here] system. It's rotten through and through . . .

Last edited:
I do think its a lot to do with the quality of the local drivers
That's certainly true around here. my previous Hermes was a husband and wife team, they were brilliant.

My current one is a total nightmare, as posted elsewhere.
And yet on the local hub many are pleased with theirs.
It seems the MK3 postcode is split into 3 separate authority area's
and I can only assume they must have a separate courier for each one.

We get very few amazon deliveries made by hermes, but the girl that does deliver from hermes on the odd ones has been great.

Each driver now has 10% of their photos checked each week. If they do no do their job they get sacked, I know of a number that have lost their jobs. Hermes have new owners and they are changing things. You have a bad person on your round but thats not to say they are all bad. At my house the Hermes lady always ring the bell but the Amazon person just leaves the parcel by the wrong door by the road every time. One chap did call me Herpes when delivering to his house. I explained to him I had lost everything, my business and all of my income from photography which I had done for 21 years. So instead of sitting at home moaning on forums and claiming benefits, I got off my backside and got a job. This was to feed my children and pay my bills. It may have been a low skilled job but for the 14 months that I had to do it, I did it to the best of my ability. I delivered well over 30,000 parcels and only two complaints. Both sorted the next day and both due to incorrect addresses . If you want to complain get the app, even a dim wit can do that :)

Did I touch a nerve? Do you call everybody who has a problem with Herpes Dim Wits?
Not sure why you are on the defensive, I didn’t say anything about yourpersonally and certainly didn’t call you names.

Why the hell would I download their app just to make a complaint, why can’t I pick up a phone or send an email?

I suggest an attitude change.

Reactions: Sky
H2.jpg

I think Tori posted a shot of that elsewhere (in a safe place?).

Also a Hermes hater here. Absolutely useless for sending and receiving.
Not even cheap for most things: 2Kg with Hermes which may get there some time in the next 2 weeks - £5.80. Royal Mail1t class probably there next day, £5.47. 500g large letter., Hermes cheapest £2.66 - RM 1st class £2.39.

The only section they are actually cheaper than RM on is sub 1Kg small parcels that are bigger than Large letters, where it works out Hermes £2.95 and RM £3.68 1st Class or a more comparable £3 2nd class - and I'd pick RM over Hermes every time!

Also a Hermes hater here. Absolutely useless for sending and receiving.
Not even cheap for most things: 2Kg with Hermes which may get there some time in the next 2 weeks - £5.80. Royal Mail1t class probably there next day, £5.47. 500g large letter., Hermes cheapest £2.66 - RM 1st class £2.39.

The only section they are actually cheaper than RM on is sub 1Kg small parcels that are bigger than Large letters, where it works out Hermes £2.95 and RM £3.68 1st Class or a more comparable £3 2nd class - and I'd pick RM over Hermes every time!

I run an ecommerce business. Most of our parcels are small up to 2kg. We send via RM 48 (2nd class) for £2.35 and £2.94 for 24 (1st class), no insurance here but I can quite honestly count on one hand the number of losses per year we have now that RM use 3D barcodes with delivery confirmation and GPS co-ordinates showing where the item was delivered.

For our larger parcels up to 20Kg costs us £5.80 via RM Tracked 24 and 5.20 via Tracked 48. These are also insured up to £100

All prices exclude VAT but even then I can not fathom why companies would use Hermes for anything.

I run an ecommerce business. Most of our parcels are small up to 2kg. We send via RM 48 (2nd class) for £2.35 and £2.94 for 24 (1st class), no insurance here but I can quite honestly count on one hand the number of losses per year we have now that RM use 3D barcodes with delivery confirmation and GPS co-ordinates showing where the item was delivered.

For our larger parcels up to 20Kg costs us £5.80 via RM Tracked 24 and 5.20 via Tracked 48. These are also insured up to £100

All prices exclude VAT but even then I can not fathom why companies would use Hermes for anything.
Where are you getting rm tracked for £5.20? Their website has a parcel up to 10kg for 20 odd quid. I'd love to use RM for anything over 2kg but they always seem way more expensive than the courier's.

Where are you getting rm tracked for £5.20? Their website has a parcel up to 10kg for 20 odd quid. I'd love to use RM for anything over 2kg but they always seem way more expensive than the courier's.

Must be some sort of business volume price.
I use RM click and drop, prices for up to 20kg are vastly more expensive than just over a fiver

We have a business account so yes it's a volume pricing structure. We have to ship x amount at to retain that rate.

Last edited:
Couple of deliveries recently where they can’t even be bothered to open garden gate to get to front door!instead leaving package by the gate !

Back