Isle of Rhum

SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Suspended / Banned
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been to Skye numerous times over the last month - here's a shot I didn't plan on taking but ended up with these as the keepers from that morning. The original plan was to shoot at Loch Nan Eilean at Sligachan for morning reflections - on arrival it was too windy and well below freezing so the Loch was frozen. None of the various weather forecasting tools I use predicted this but Skye is Skye...

Didn't fancy the Trotternish ridge (I prefer it in the summer) so retreated back to Elgol. The way the light fell made Rhum the choice to go for although had I known this was going to be the subject there are better vantage points than Elgol, closer to home ones too.

It was hazy but I like the softer mood. I dare say you could process it out but I don't want to.

It was a fraught morning as the plan didn't pay off but I should have guessed by the time I was driving through Glencoe and Kintail it would be freezing and the lochan frozen solid so something more soothing was perhaps natures way of giving me what I needed, rather than what I wanted. These wide shots look good on the big screen, at this res they might look a bit small and silly.

_DSC2053 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

_DSC2064 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Back