Isle of Sky Aug 2014

Name
Dale
Edit My Images
Yes
I've just recently returned from a trip to Skye and I've now begun the task of sorting out all my photos.
I thought I'd try my hand at doing some panoramas this trip so here is a small sample of my first attempts at doing panoramas. Some have up to 10 photos some are just 3. All are stitched with AutoPano Giga Pro.

Sligachan - Isle of Skye Aug 2014 by stormcrowuk, on Flickr

Sligachan - Isle of Skye Aug 2014 by stormcrowuk, on Flickr

Neist Point - Isle of Skye Aug 2014 by stormcrowuk, on Flickr

Neist Point - Isle of Skye by stormcrowuk, on Flickr

Sunset from Elgol - Isle of Skye by stormcrowuk, on Flickr

Loch Cill Chriosd - Isle of Skye by stormcrowuk, on Flickr

Interesting set Dale

I like the 2nd looking up Glen Sligachan shot especially the cloud on Marsco.

I prefer the first of the Neist point shots but the 2nd is a little different to the usual so that's a good thing.

The Elgol shot has a very interesting sky however I'm unsure about the chopped foreground. It would have been nice to have all of the harbour included in the frame or not at all.

I like the 'Hairy Loch' shot and it's good to see the inclusion of Blà Bheinn on the left. It could perhaps do with a bit of a distortion fix ? but that's easily done if you wanted to.

Not sure if it's a fair comment to say that the foreground in all could be stronger ?

Fond memories of Skye here ... some different views in the pano styles.

#1 has a sense of sloping to the left and I would crop out the bit of the bridge to the left as it doesn't add anything IMO.
#2 love this one, great conversion and transition from land to sky ... the sky makes the shot.
#3 bit of 'fisheye' going on, not so keen personally because of this.
#4 the best of the two of Neist Point.
#5 good sunset sky over the Cuillins but the foregorund 'clutter' takes away from the image IMO as my eye is constantly drawn to the coloured 'bits & pieces'.
#6 the image looks a little distorted, rounded, but is otherwise a nice composition.

Looks like you had a good time and weather was kind photographically and for personal comfort :)

Thanks for the comments everyone they are all very helpful and reflect my own opinions of these panos. I need to find time to revisit some of them to crop, edit a bit better just need to find the time I think because panos are new to me I've been a bit hasty in my editing.
The weather was ok gramps had a couple of days of constant rain but the rest of the time was ok. No dramatic sunsets though but to be honest that's not my thing I prefer the moody black and whites I've done.
The midges attacked with venom at neist point even thought I was covered with deet been suffering with itchy arms and legs since. Tried every cream spray I could find to relieve the itching with no real relief the thing that worked for me was to use a very hot hair drier on the bites and it worked great no more itching.

The midges attacked with venom at neist point even thought I was covered with deet been suffering with itchy arms and legs since.

Not nice ... we went in October and even SWMBO wasn't bitten! :D

Remember it's only the females that bite - lots of Whisky works ;)

Thanks for the comments everyone they are all very helpful and reflect my own opinions of these panos. I need to find time to revisit some of them to crop, edit a bit better just need to find the time I think because panos are new to me I've been a bit hasty in my editing.
The weather was ok gramps had a couple of days of constant rain but the rest of the time was ok. No dramatic sunsets though but to be honest that's not my thing I prefer the moody black and whites I've done.
The midges attacked with venom at neist point even thought I was covered with deet been suffering with itchy arms and legs since. Tried every cream spray I could find to relieve the itching with no real relief the thing that worked for me was to use a very hot hair drier on the bites and it worked great no more itching.

Just to say....Lovely set of images....

.....and if you heat up a spoon and press the back of said spoon against the bites, the heat neutralises the protiens that are in the bug bite (to keep the blood thin)and voila...no more itch :) .

No 2 is fantastic, and the last but one also really works well. Great stuff!

3 for me - a nice refreshing take on Neist - same shot in late evening light would be a bit special.

3 for me - a nice refreshing take on Neist - same shot in late evening light would be a bit special.

Thanks, I found that location by using street view on google maps, It was always my intention to go there for the sunset in fact the photo here was only taken on a scouting mission to see what it was like but the midges were insane here I had to wear my head mesh and even then they were driving me nuts so as a result I never got to go back. There's always next time

Absolutely love the Loch Harport B+W, just the right amount of tone and the bright spot in the moody sky (Or is that Skye?) balances it out well but the jetty makes it for me, just protruding the right amount. I hope you stood and considered it for a good while to come up with this composition and are not one of those Uber talented types that seems to be able to point the camera at anything and it comes out splendid?:clap:
(That's a compliment by the way, I have a mate like that who will get ten brilliant shots hand held at a frenetic pace while I have to stand there for ten minutes mulling it over, to get even one so so one. He drives me nuts, the talanted sod!)
Lovely second set that...

Back