Isle of Skye

Very nice composition there the foreground and mid-ground work very well and the shadows on the mountains emphasis there shapes very well..

wow the area has been butchered. the foreground looks a lil soft but could be due to the small file. and the light isnt very flattering BUT i like the composition just think first thing in the morn would be better for the light

I personally think that one of the roles of a landscape photographer should be to record the landscape as it is and not how they wish it could be. In that sense, I think you have done an excellent job of recording an area of Skye as it is today - deforestation and all.
James

I agree with ST4's remarks about the deforestation aspect. That occurrence always leaves a very ugly scar.
Clearly the photographer has zero control over that. I don't see how it could be changed by the man with the camera.
Nevertheless, it is a fine shot. Good foreground interest and the middle ground and distant ground are nicely separated by differing tones.

Where, in Skye, was that Rudi ?

It was handheld , I wasn't trying to get the best shot ever Jake ....

If you don't like critique, post it in photos for pleasure. When you post in the critique section it's what you'll get. Apologies if it came across harsh, but that's the Internet for you (y)

Last edited:
If you don't like critique, post it in photos for pleasure. When you post in the critique section it's what you'll get. Apologies if it came across harsh, but that's the Internet for you (y)

I havent seen your work jake but I prefer to give a positive with a criticism. Thats what i would do if you posted picture anyways. That may be a learning for you.

I havent seen your work jake but I prefer to give a positive with a criticism. Thats what i would do if you posted picture anyways. That may be a learning for you.

What would be the point of repeating what others had already said above? I added my own points to the comments already said. The shot does have good points as pointed out above, I was merely adding areas where the OP could improve, and commenting on the state of the land up there. It wasn't my most thoughtful post by any means, but I also noted that the OP hadn't taken the time to reply anything other than the location to all the previous posts. I've said my bit, and will not be saying anymore.

What would be the point of repeating what others had already said above? I added my own points to the comments already said. The shot does have good points as pointed out above, I was merely adding areas where the OP could improve, and commenting on the state of the land up there. It wasn't my most thoughtful post by any means, but I also noted that the OP hadn't taken the time to reply anything other than the location to all the previous posts. I've said my bit, and will not be saying anymore.

Damn you need to wipe your eyes and chill out mate

Phil can you take a moment to think about what you are about to post before you hit send, as you are coming over as very aggressive and rude.

Phil can you take a moment to think about what you are about to post before you hit send, as you are coming over as very aggressive and rude.

Im neither im clearly pointing out that you should give a positive with every negative. There is no reason for the previous post to get so defensive. Whats it matter if he is repeating what is said it just proves the opinion correct. I just cant stand when people critique someones work just to **** all over it and then you critique them and they get very defensive and mardy. I tried to help jake learn how to give criticism clearly he isnt interested

Back