Isle Of Wight

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm not a landcape photographer by any means but I thought i'd head out last week while I was over on the IOW and take a few pics. Most of them are nice records of a walk by the sea (Compton Bay I think).

Here are a couple of shots for your appraisal though. BTW these are all hand held and taken on a Canon 1D MKI with the 17-40L lens and polariser.

Let me know what you think (y)

C90B2046.jpg

C90B2060.jpg

C90B2050.jpg

C90B2142.jpg

C90B2159.jpg

C90B2145.jpg

My favourite is the secone one, I love the rocks with the green on them.

Also like no. 4 as despite my head telling me the horizon is way off ;) I quite like the way the diagonals go across the image in bands.

Love them!

Love the first shot, great compsosition that leads your eye nicely around the image!

I like them - the colours looks great and on the whole, composition very good. The first one is probably my favourite although someting about the horizon makes me want to rotate just a little bit (but that might be due to having just come back from a couple of drinks ;) ) Jonathan (another wedge person)

No you are right it does need just a little rotate to get it spot on, have to admit i forgot to do it before resizing and saving to put on here!!

I recognise your username from PH I think, I'm very much a wedge person. Have owned 6 of them, the first being a 350i hence the username!!

I like them - the colours looks great and on the whole, composition very good. The first one is probably my favourite although someting about the horizon makes me want to rotate just a little bit (but that might be due to having just come back from a couple of drinks ;) ) Jonathan (another wedge person)

Hi 350wedge,

Good set of photos. No 3 stands out with just the right amount of rocks in the foreground to not spoil it.

You really need to get your eyes or camera tested though! The horizon on No 4 is way out :D

Sorry, just had to do it!!!

Best regards

Chris

Back