Islington at Night

Name
Rob Telford
Edit My Images
No
All hand held, pushing up the ISO with a Contax 50mm f1.7 Planar while wandering back to the Angel from seeing a gig at The Lexington last week.

I do like the way that night time reconfigures the relationship between what is inside and what is outside; what is lit and what is unlit becomes more important.

Baron Street
by Rob Telford, on Flickr

Iceland

Wholesale

Cards Galore

Angel Station

Last edited:
All except No.2 work for me - there's just not enough in the middle of that. Well caught, tonally controlled & colour-balanced.

You must have a really steady hand for these marvelously sharp and detailed shots Rob, so lucky you! They're all well seen and taken, but #2 and #3 aren't doing a lot for me. Slicing the lit upper window in #1 is interesting as I couldn't decide if it helps or harms the overall photo.

Love them all. #2 reminds me of a Crewdson set with the atmosphere it has going. Oddly - the last two don't do so much for me. Don't get me wrong - they're fine photos they just don't have that storytelling/interesting aspect. Really like #1. If only there'd been someone in that upper room.

All except No.2 work for me - there's just not enough in the middle of that.

In a perverse way, that's what I liked about it. :)

You must have a really steady hand for these marvelously sharp and detailed shots Rob, so lucky you! They're all well seen and taken, but #2 and #3 aren't doing a lot for me. Slicing the lit upper window in #1 is interesting as I couldn't decide if it helps or harms the overall photo.

Small benefit of mirrorless is that you can risk going a little slower than you would with an SLR; #3 was 1/30 sec. I didn't feel strongly about the window.

All hand held, pushing up the ISO with a Contax 50mm f1.7 Planar while wandering back to the Angel from seeing a gig at The Lexington last week.

I do like the way that night time reconfigures the relationship between what is inside and what is outside; what is lit and what is unlit becomes more important.

Baron Street

Iceland

Wholesale

Cards Galore

Angel Station

Back in the early sixties I used to walk up St John st to the angel every day an my journey back to Muswell Hill. don't recognise a thing....

Back