Isn't it nice when....

Name
Tomas
Edit My Images
No
stuff like this happens:

I've been trying to sell my 1DmkI for a week or so on the Finnish ebay, there was a few enquiries but nobody biting. It's understandable really, old camera, old technology but it still does take a smashing portrait.

Then just this morning I have a very friendly email from my girlfriend's Dad's Boss, asking if I'd like to swap the camera plus accessories for an Elinchrom D-lite 2 twin head kit!

Hell yes I politely replied!

Now I'm aware that the output isn't that high, I use speedlights and lots of them for all my lightning needs but how can I refuse such an interesting offer!

Now am the owner of a three month old kit complete with 2 softboxes, 2 umbrella's, two stands, two D-lite 2 heads and loveley carry bags plus DVD!

:banana:

Can't wait to try em out tomorrow! (y)

Well done. And are we going to get to see the outcome?

Well done. And are we going to get to see the outcome?

Maybe :LOL: Only if it's good enough, you'll most likely see a very forced and obscure self portrait again or a rather boring inanimate object.

I'll most likely be working alone tomorrow, unless Maddie (my dog) is feeling like a bit of modeling :thinking:

Yeah, I know the feeling, my whippet thinks she's a film star! :)

Well done on the lights and everyone is a winner, great stuff.

Blimey someone got a good deal there!! If nothing else, they'll be a new toy to play with! :)

Sounds like more crazy studio shots heading this way soon then Tomas? Sounds like a good deal to me.

Yeah, I know the feeling, my whippet thinks she's a film star! :)

Well done on the lights and everyone is a winner, great stuff.

Cheers Ali, our dogs don't half get hammered sometimes don't they, When she was visiting this summer, my Mam said, 'Blimey, Maddie must be the most photographed dog in the world!'

They are great subjects when in the right mood. Sometimes we don't want to photographed :|

_TDW5852copy.jpg

_TDW0255copy.jpg

Blimey someone got a good deal there!! If nothing else, they'll be a new toy to play with! :)

Cheers Phil, I was concerned about the low output but combined with a bunch of speedlights I have much more options now, all in all I'm feeling very lucky. (y)

Sounds like more crazy studio shots heading this way soon then Tomas? Sounds like a good deal to me.

You betcha mate! Although I am slightly running out of hats! Plus the more of these odd self portraits and the more votes I get for being the forum nutter!
Maybe a nice fruit bowl will be tomorrow's subject :thinking:

Sounds like a great result to me. I use the Elinchrom Dlite 2's and have been really pleased with them. Not used them much above half power yet so they're great for my needs at the moment.

Have fun.

Back