iso 51200

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
If your shooting wide open at f2.8 and your shutter speed is 1000 (on a 400mm lens) then whatever ISO for a decent exposure is what you get.. Last night at it a massive 51200 .. In photoshop I resize.. use a light DUST/SCRATCHES and sharpen.. So no actual noise reductuion plugins or software.. Canon 1dxmkIII and Canon 400 f2.8 mkI

Selling as a 1600 pixel wide social media file or 7x5 print and both will come out well :)

154_1600_1143_unity_lytham_u15.jpg

160_1600_1143_unity_lytham_u15.jpg

Last edited:
NOT detracting from your shots for a moment but have you seen how high an ISO the Nikon D5 can be stretched to?

From dpreview... " The ISO ranges from 100 to 102,400, which helps to preserve sharpness and subtle details in even the most challenging light. Additionally, ISO is expandable up to 3.2 million, giving photographers the ability to truly conquer the dark. "

Edit - D5, not D6!

Last edited:
If your shooting wide open at f2.8 and your shutter speed is 1000 (on a 400mm lens) then whatever ISO for a decent exposure is what you get.. Last night at it a massive 51200 .. In photoshop I resize.. use a light DUST/SCRATCHES and sharpen.. So no actual noise reductuion plugins or software.. Canon 1dxmkIII and Canon 400 f2.8 mkI

Selling as a 1600 pixel wide social media file or 7x5 print and both will come out well :)
Great shots, just shows what that 1dx3 can do in the right hands

Good stuff.

I always wonder when people say things like "I never shoot above ISO 3,200" as I'd rather take the picture than not.

3.2 Million!!!

That was my reaction when I saw it too! OK, image "quality" isn't really up to much BUT neither was the D200 at ISO 1600!

Parents and players are unlikely to care about such things. Fill the frame as much as possible, get the exposure right and it is amazing how well the new cameras perform particularly downsizing files. Hope all the cup finals have been lucrative for you. Got my first bite for shooting youth football the other day.

Back