Israel, Lebanon Uk Terrorist Threats etc....

Edit My Images
Yes
I may be opening up a whole can of worms here, but I was just wondering were everybodies thoughts are on the whole pile of crap at the moment?

My thoughts are as follows...

1) I'm really, really angry that the whole world is letting Israel basicaly do whatever the hell they like on the basis that most countries have a vested financial interest in them (mainly them being one of Americas biggest arms customers) and it makes me feel extremely impotent that I am powerless to do anything about it!

2) Terrorists & the politics of fear........ When will people realise that if we stop interfering in the affairs of other countries, supporting aggressive regimes, selling arms and generaly giving people reason to fight back with guerrilla tactics that all of this may stop. Oh no, we can't, it's the only way to govern a nation!

Sorry, I'm just feeling a bit like I'm watching civilisation disappear up it's own ass at the moment and that things just aint right. FFS people are dying in hospitals due to poor hygiene and we're about to spunk 25billion on a new missile system we'll never use? I may be looking at this slightly naively but surely things aren't right?

Politics and religion....best left to politicians and religious folk!

There is a whole big can of worms waiting to get opened here and im not undoing the lid!

"2) Terrorists & the politics of fear........ When will people realise that if we stop interfering in the affairs of other countries, supporting aggressive regimes, selling arms and generaly giving people reason to fight back with guerrilla tactics that all of this may stop. Oh no, we can't, it's the only way to govern a nation!"

Hmm, Ill have a go at this one, If we didn't interfere with the affairs of other countries many of them would run roughshod over their own people if they didn't support them, they may well develop weapons of mass destruction and use them on other countries, In some cases it would be like giving a 6 year old the keys to the gun cabinet. lets face it some of the leaders of some of these countries are lunatics, look at Israel!!! Talk about using a sledgehammer to crack a walnut. (oops thats put a bit in about point 1 now)
Your last point I feel I do whole heartedly agree, I work part time for the NHS and last night in our medicine store I could find no, not 1 guase dressing!!!!!

Nb, before you all shoot me for my comments, which would actually prove my point, I have answered this post because I feel that things like this should be able to be discussed in a forum in an adult manner, unlike in the house of commons!!!

Gary Bagshawe said:
Nb, before you all shoot me for my comments, which would actually prove my point, I have answered this post because I feel that things like this should be able to be discussed in a forum in an adult manner, unlike in the house of commons!!!

Not going to shoot you for your comments Gary ! lol

Have seen similar threads going way overboard and turning into something they neednt have been on other forums to not want to make any comments on this, doesnt mean nobody else can, we just have to be a bit careful !

IanC_UK said:
Not going to shoot you for your comments Gary ! lol

Have seen similar threads going way overboard and turning into something they neednt have been on other forums to not want to make any comments on this, doesnt mean nobody else can, we just have to be a bit careful !

A lot of the time now and in the past I have covered events (photographically) and have to do so from a point of view that simply records events, non biased etc, the points raised in this thread are very open to discussion and I think that everybody is entitled to there own view, one may well differ from the other but that does not mean that one persons views are wrong and anothers are right, it is simply one persons take on a given situation and to not comment for the fear of somebody not agreeing with you is in my mind a very sad state of affairs to which im afraid the world is coming too all too quickly.:shrug:

Wow, didn't even realise I was capable of coming up with such a statement.
Ok who's stolen my brain and replaced it with someone elses????

i didnt comment cos as part of the site staff i would be required to moderate it if it gets out of hand, and moderating politics and religion without bias isnt very easy!

Forbiddenbiker said:
For those that need it; I think a solid education into the possibility that God doesn't exist would be a good place to start.

:exit:

Word! (y)

I agree with Gary, we should be able to discuss it, but sooner or later you just know the thread will get out of hand, so for the same reason as Matty I'll give it a wide berth. ;)

err, yeah.

Should probably explain the reasoning behind this.....

Was extremely drunk and had been in the pub having a heated arguement with some muppet who seemed to beleive evry word they print in the sun and the daily mail and there ilk. Made me very cross I can tell you. Came home and posted this without any thought of possible repercusions etc.

You can tell I was drunk and unable to form a cogent arguement as I have effectively contradicted my self........Stop standing by and stop interfering....hmmmmmm.

Feel a bit of a wally now.

Probably not for the last time either!

We get the Daily Mail at work and I love it, just when I'm feeling sad or bored I read the Daily Mail and it makes me laugh out loud! :D

Accepting for the moment that we'll always have conflict due to territorial ambitions, economical instability, religious differences, man's basic need to be an ar*e etc. - we may as well rejoice that it gives us such splendid photo opportunities!
Some of the stuff coming out of Lebanon has been very good indeed - I think the Israeli armed forces should be applauded for having the foresight to purchase such splendid-looking armoured vehicles - I mean the Merkava Main Battle Tank is just sooooo photogenic, it's unbelievable...
And those F-16's when they pump out all those flares as they do low-level strafing runs...? Awesome to watch.
The only thing that ruins it is all those awful civilians geting in the way - I mean, have they no sense of style - their clothes are so 1970's...

Africa, that's where it's at - you get proper-looking refugees there... they know how to look long-suffering... there'll be no Pulitzers won in Lebanon, I'll wager, especially if people keep doing those really terrible cloning-jobs on the images...

Forbidden Biker said:
Ok just a quick sentence from me.

For those that need it; I think a solid education into the possibility that God doesn't exist would be a good place to start.

AMEN to that brother!

BREAKING NEWS

News just coming in that Israel have sent 5000 troops into Jordan. Initial reports say that she's a little tired, but seems to be coping well...

Catdaddy said:
BREAKING NEWS

News just coming in that Israel have sent 5000 troops into Jordan. Initial reports say that she's a little tired, but seems to be coping well...

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

"One of the fundamental functions of any government is to provide public order"

This is a quote often used by religious and political leaders. A lot of personal abuse and loss of liberty is endured to support this edict.

Did not mean to open any can of worms or otherwise.

Chris - Very good (as usual)

Arkady - you need a holiday - not Beirut though! ;) :LOL:

Feel free to dicuss it, as long as it's civil. (y) I know some forums actively ban discussion of two topics, religion and politics, because they almost always end up getting out of hand. We're all mature enough to have a sensible debate and discussion on here.

Personally I can't really join in the whole debate, because I'm not 'wordly' enough to know enough of what's going on, to form an educated opinion.

My view is to offer a simple shake of the head, and say "Why can't people just get along?". A simplistic view from my warm, comfy, almost luxury home in the west, but still...a very valid one.

:LOL: @ The Jordan joke :p

Back